Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 8/1-8/7 - Needs more tractors

Timbo Slice

The biggest problem with Kross is his whole deal is being a monster, and he's not going to look impressive physically in WWE. Dave pointed out that even Logan Paul is taller than Kross on WOR last night/this morning, so it's going to be tough for him. 

4 hours ago, Embrodak said:

Good or bad, I think bringing Kross back is about sending the message that guys from developmental will get a fair shake. “You’re not going to have your name and gimmick fucked up when you move to the main roster, you’ll get to sink or swim on your own merits.”

I 100% this is the message Hunter is trying to send to talent. Between this and bringing Dakota Kai and Io (excuse me, IYO) to the main roster, he seems to be wanting to show folks he's going to try to give a shot to people who got screwed by the prior regime. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t disagree about Kross’s in-ring blandness, but letting talent know that Vince’s absolute borking of the developmental program is a thing of the past seems like it’s a good political move to shore up the legitimacy of the new regime with the talent. Turning him into a guy with a helmet was up there with “Bearcat” on the scale of things that must have completely demoralized anybody working in NXT, so reversing that decision and trying again with the original gimmick is at least a step in the right direction, optically. And having a guy with a spooky/atmospheric entrance and a hot wife adds some visual variety and spectacle, which that Brock/Roman match pretty clearly signaled they were going to be striving for going forward.

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Marc Mero was walking around with Sable and still was uncool. Same thing goes for Kross.

The problem that Marc Mero got was that he couldn't be Johnny B. Badd in WWF. Vince McMahon wanted Johnny B. Badd, not "Wildman" Marc Mero. And we saw what happened.