Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 8/1-8/7 - Needs more tractors

Timbo Slice

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the approach being taken so far. I'm sure the folks expecting Hunter to blow everything up on day one and start over are disappointed, but small changes over time is the better approach (not to mention one not likely to spook the stock price). 

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

I like the approach being taken so far. I'm sure the folks expecting Hunter to blow everything up on day one and start over are disappointed, but small changes over time is the better approach (not to mention one not likely to spook the stock price). 

It also gives you a better idea of what the fans accept and what they reject. 

35 minutes ago, sek69 said:

They probably don't know Triple H is in charge, but they know Vince isn't. Also they were going to get a post PPV bump since SummerSlam is the second biggest show of the year. so the combo of those two factors were apparently huge. 

The Summerslam bump is big, but even then, this year's was the biggest since 2015. Just having a show ready seems to have worked wonders. I know I was sick of tuning in to RAW and having no fucking clue about what was going to happen, as in nothing was advertised. 

11 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Just having a show ready seems to have worked wonders. I know I was sick of tuning in to RAW and having no fucking clue about what was going to happen, as in nothing was advertised. 

Yeah, it turns out you can get people to watch your show if you tell them what's going to be happening (and then actually deliver on the matches you promised). 

Also it turns out than one of the tidbits that came out after Vince leaving is that he was frequently having memory issues and half the reason he was ripping up scripts and doing the same thing over and over was him not remembering what he did before. 

9 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

27% is one hell of a big bump in the ratings, no matter how you look at it.

Indeed it is. Wrestling is so much better when there's two (or more) companies thriving on top. 

WWE's biggest weakness by far was having the wrestling equivalent of Joe Paterno running things in 2022. There will still be things that miss, but now it will be from trying new things that didn't connect rather than having to book squarely around the interests of a bizarre old man.

1 hour ago, Jmare007 said:

I wonder what HHH's idea of a big angle with this current roster might be. It feels they are primed to shoot one soon so they can keep this momentum goin

A stable will attack WWE & destroy property. Then it will be revealed that HHH & Steph are in charge of the stable. Authority 2.0.