Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 8/1-8/7 - Needs more tractors

Timbo Slice

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He sure is fixing some of the stuff he probably disagreed with Vince. Getting people back who had been fired just a while ago is quite interesting in term of what message it sends. Funny how timing is everything. If the Vince stuff happens one year ago, Adam Cole doesn't leave most probably. Samoa Joe doesn't get fired. Steven Regal doesn't get fired. Not sure people like Athena get fired either. Now Trip is getting back some of those people who are available, and really now, whatever people think of him, Kross never got a fair shake on the main roster, so good for him. And of course, he's paired up with Scarlett again (that was the most mind-blowing thing to me, alongside the gladiator outfit of course, why the hell would you not keep him and Scarlett together on the man roster, with the elaborate entrance and such ?). As far as being a geek, sure, that guy walking around with Scarlett Bordeaux as his IRL wife comes of like a geek, sure people, sure... B)

The next 6 months are gonna be the most interesting WWE has been in more than two decades if only for what moves Levesque makes. Of course there's gonna be a honeymoon period, and people are gonna overstate every little positive thing like it's the greatest thing ever, but it's obvious that Vince was a HUGE problem for the company, in more ways than one.

Is Kevin Dunn done yet ?

If Kross and Scarlett get the entrance deal they had in NXT, they'll be fine on the main roster. That act was so tailor made for WWE proper which made it all the more puzzling that they repackaged him as a member of Demolition. 

Dude got a raw deal (no pun intended) so I don't mind the guy getting a do-over to prove himself.  If he can't, I can live with him being the price needed to pay so we could finally change the fossilized booking. 

7 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Marc Mero was walking around with Sable and still was uncool. Same thing goes for Kross.

Marvelous Marc Mero's entire gimmick was that he was an idiot and Sable was the star. And he was actually great during that entire stint as a character, absolutely helped Sable too. Before that point, he had to deal with "Well you can't be Johnny B. Badd so we don't know what you are" booking by WWE with the "Wildman" stuff, and he still got good babyfaces reactions because he actually did cool shit and had Sable by his side. 

I must admit though, this whole "Killer Kross is the worst" running gag is kinda funny to me, because it's WAY overstated. He's absolutely a pretty good talent. Nothing *special*, ok, but absolutely not a bad worker at all. So when I saw the news, I kinda chuckled. You know Gargano is coming back too, people, right ? 

11 minutes ago, El-P said:

Marvelous Marc Mero's entire gimmick was that he was an idiot and Sable was the star. And he was actually great during that entire stint as a character, absolutely helped Sable too. Before that point, he had to deal with "Well you can't be Johnny B. Badd so we don't know what you are" booking by WWE with the "Wildman" stuff, and he still got good babyfaces reactions because he actually did cool shit and had Sable by his side. 

I must admit though, this whole "Killer Kross is the worst" running gag is kinda funny to me, because it's WAY overstated. He's absolutely a pretty good talent. Nothing *special*, ok, but absolutely not a bad worker at all. So when I saw the news, I kinda chuckled. You know Gargano is coming back too, people, right ? 

Kross isn't the worst, he's just entirely unremarkable in every way once the bell rings. His entire aesthetic and whatnot also sucks, and his super push in NXT essentially killed the black and gold version of the brand. 

7 minutes ago, strobogo said:

Kross isn't the worst, he's just entirely unremarkable in every way once the bell rings. His entire aesthetic and whatnot also sucks, and his super push in NXT essentially killed the black and gold version of the brand. 

Disclaimer : I wasn't watching his NXT stuff. I liked him in LU and IMPACT, but I never considered him more than a "pretty cool monster guy", and he was never pushed as a main event act in neither of those promotions. So I guess people have PTSD from later NXT, but by that point I had moved on and did not even bother watching the Takeovers (I had AEW + IMPACT to fill my wrestling thirst).

As far as his presentation, using "Tik Tok" in 2022 seems kinda wrong, because now people think of something completely different than in 2016. Also, the hair makes him look way less menacing (and younger). I mean, in IMPACT he pretty much looked like a Gestapo officer, really. To me he looked the best in Bloodsport actually, so I was half-hoping for a NJPW stint, throwing people on their heads with Saito suplex and such.

From what I hear, he's really nice IRL, so there's that. 

1 hour ago, El-P said:

Disclaimer : I wasn't watching his NXT stuff. I liked him in LU and IMPACT, but I never considered him more than a "pretty cool monster guy", and he was never pushed as a main event act in neither of those promotions. So I guess people have PTSD from later NXT, but by that point I had moved on and did not even bother watching the Takeovers (I had AEW + IMPACT to fill my wrestling thirst).

Oh, bubba, his NXT run was the worst. It really goes to show how poor the product was on a weekly basis because they really had four other guys - Gargano, Cole, KOR, and Dunne - cut scathing promos on him, all with solid, valid points, he had zero response, and still won the five way after being barely in the match. He also had a feud with Balor that followed the same pattern.

Now, I know exposing your champ through promos is dumb booking, but the dude had ZERO flavor in the ring. Imagine your description of Randy Orton ("black hole of charisma") was cranked up to eleven. There was no reason for that man to have a year long unbeaten streak.