Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/16 - 01/22 early It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is the best sitcom ever

KawadaSmile

18 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Ibrahimovic.

Yep, you nailed it. I remember when he came to MLS I was like "wow we get to see one of the GOATs" and then watching him play. 

Also WWE getting lucky as fuck having a major football game end up an early blowout two weeks in a row .

45 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Ibrahimovic.

I love you brudda but Ibrahimovic was far from average and still carries teams on his back at the age of 97.

Now, Lukas Podolski, or especially Steve Bull - then we are chatting.

ooooh! I’ll have Kevin Phillips as well. And the very very best for this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhys_Griffiths_(footballer)

Podolski ain't even mediocre, he's just fucking bad! Somehow he's a World Cup winner despite his best seasons being in like 2002 or 2003.

Ibra is overrated as shit. Yeah, a big man who can dribble as well as he does is impressive, but you never could really count on him during Champions League knock-out games and he spent his early 30s hiding in the then awful Ligue 1. No simpy from me! Choked on the big stages much like KENTA when he had that one RAW match.

25 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Podolski ain't even mediocre, he's just fucking bad! Somehow he's a World Cup winner despite his best seasons being in like 2002 or 2003.

Ibra is overrated as shit. Yeah, a big man who can dribble as well as he does is impressive, but you never could really count on him during Champions League knock-out games and he spent his early 30s hiding in the then awful Ligue 1. No simpy from me! Choked on the big stages much like KENTA when he had that one RAW match.

Mate, download Championship Manager 01/02. Sign him for cheap. And he’s better than the love child of Romario and John Charles, if they ever had one.

12 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Ngl, I screamed in horror when Bronson threw Tozawa in that barricade. That squash was fantastic.

I watched Main Event yesterday. What’s fucking going on with Von Wagners Brow/Forehead area. Wayne Bloom had a perfectly normal, non bulging above eye level head. Von Wagners pushes like a rejected prosthetic from total recall or a on thing. It unsettles me and he should be made unemployed post haste.

Mike Enos needs a wrestling child as 

1) He was ace to be fair so the child should be too

and 

2) it wouldn’t  have a fucking weird bulbous top of the cranium.

8 hours ago, sek69 said:

I suppose it's another sign of being in a post-Vince in creative world when Cody's return in the Rumble is being promoted weeks in advance and not a Cena style surprise. 

And in this case, really being the lesser choice. The Rumble is already sold out and breaking gates record. They don't need to sell a PPV. It makes it kinda plain. There's nothing like the pop of "we know it's happening even though we haven't been told", and Cody coming back unannounced would have blown the roof off. The pop will still be gigantic (I guess), but yeah, not the same feel.

What is totally a Vince creative world is bringing back older stars for the 30th anniversary (30 years, and people still are trying to compare a 3 and a half years old show with it in term of public reach and awareness, yes they do) show, including Ric Flair of course. Because ya know, flight attendants and tanning bed salons employees notwithstanding, gotta get that pop from this always wonderful audience. 

Did anybody have Cody in the “who will dethrone Roman” pool a year ago? Dude has to feel like the biggest pimp in the world. To go from accidentally putting yourself through a flaming table for no reason in an unimportant match against Andrade to maybe winning the Royal Rumble and beating the most dominant champ in decades is an unbelievable upgrade.

The ultimate irony is that, the ONLY reason it can happen is because of AEW happening. If Cody doesn't come back from a red hot AEW, he's the former Stardust who had a bite in ROH, IMPACT and NJPW. He's not even close to a main event star to their eyes. Even after All In, there's no way Cody comes back with this kind of status. Their star making process has been so broke over the years that it took a strong competition to actually build one of their former whatever talent to a legit star status in their own eyes.

I'm not convinced he's beating Roman. They probably should do it and shoot their shot with Cody while the iron is hot, but I'm not convinced it happens. 

It's weird how in Pro Wrestling going to a different promotion or taking your ball and going home gets you more over.

I can see both arguments for the Cody announcement. From my POV, as soon as he injured his pec, we were already calling for the Royal Rumble win so putting that on the table now instead of treating it as a surprise at least shows some respect to the audience. Not to mention it's a good way to build some anticipation and stakes heading into the match instead of just serving up the match and expecting fans to care. We all saw how that went last year.