Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/16 - 01/22 early It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is the best sitcom ever

KawadaSmile

9 hours ago, El-P said:

What is totally a Vince creative world is bringing back older stars for the 30th anniversary (30 years, and people still are trying to compare a 3 and a half years old show with it in term of public reach and awareness, yes they do) show, including Ric Flair of course. Because ya know, flight attendants and tanning bed salons employees notwithstanding, gotta get that pop from this always wonderful audience. 

HHH is (and apparently always will be) a massive Flair fan, so it's not surprising. 

Let's say the timing of him showing his wrinkled dick face just a few weeks after Vince gets back in power despite you know what, all of it makes it one hell of a story to tell in term of how much "the culture has changed". That's the same company that could not keep Mandy Rose for "moral issues" that was deeply detrimental to its image, ya know... 

6 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

The moment he made his WM debut, it was kinda clear to me that he would at least get that title shot. When he had that HiaC match with a torn pec and a babyface performance for the ages, it was just a matter of time before he took it from Reigns.

Well that’s why I said “a year ago”. It was not at all clear to me that if Cody signed with WWE, they were gonna treat him as some massive star. There’s absolutely a world where he returns and is in the Dolph Ziggler “useful hand” position inside of a month.

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

So little of note happened on Raw that discussion in the weekly thread once again shifted to soccer. That's as sure a sign as any that Hunter is still in charge of creative.

LOL I was waiting for you to get upset about the soccer talk :lol:

Also it's funny how it doesn't get mentioned that while Hunter stated Chyna can't be in the HOF because his kids might Google her and find out she did adult videos, one of the guys she did one with (X Pac) gets to appear on WWE TV all the time with no fear of his kids doing any web searches.

15 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Yeah, let's be honest. Now that winning the Rumble doesn't necessarily mean anything special in terms of card placement at Mania, the only reason to watch is for surprise returns. That is, unless you really enjoy watching people hang from the apron while holding onto the ring ropes for an hour.

Honestly, the Rumble has been a chore for awhile. The Brock Lesnar Rumble was brutal. Not to mention there has to be a men & women's Rumble now & every fucking Rumble has to have some bullshit overly contrived dumb ass Kofi Kingston style "they're not really eliminated because their second foot didn't touch!" spot that just kills the match for me. If you get launched over the top rope and bounce on your ass, you should be fucking eliminated. I don't give a fuck if you kept one leg in the air. It's dumb.

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Wow classy move my acknowledging Jay Briscoe's passing in the middle of NXT. Props to them. 

I'm just hearing of this. Fucking awful. I loved The Briscoes & thought they were the current best tag team in the world. Really unexpected & sad. I wish they would have gotten a run in WWE or AEW.

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

I feel bad for Gigi and Jacey, Toxic Attraction has such a "Patriots without Tom Brady" feel now without Mandy.

I have felt that Gigi has always been the star. To me, she's the one with the unique look. Mandy gave 'em the main roster name but Gigi was the star. Jacey just comes off as background fodder to me.