Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 2/27-3/5 the webhost is sick of our soccer talk I guess

sek69

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crowds turned on Cena because of how much he stood out in a negative way from an in-ring standpoint once he reached main event status (a lot of people seem to have forgotten just how bad he really was in the ring in 2005). With Roman, it was the perception that he was the hand-picked corporate champion being pushed to the front of the line. Neither is an issue for Cody. He may be more of an office favorite than Sami, but he also took a major risk and bet on himself rather than accept a secure lifetime spot in the WWE midcard. And he's at least capable enough in the ring that crowds aren't going to turn on him for that reason.

1 hour ago, Embrodak said:

Roman was also pretty limited in the ring when he was first pushed, which didn’t help. I know his main event heel run is a little too samey in the ring for some, but I would still say he’s much improved.

He was actually pretty fucking good back then, tbh. More than once the crowd started booing him, but by the end of the match they were going crazy. 

But regarding Cody, it will take a while before he becomes a tired act. He might be literally the freshest wrestler on their roster, even. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

I just think over time WWE crowds will tire of Cody's Cody-ness like AEW fans eventually did. Once the "win it for Dad" story is over and he starts doing the 80s patriotism type stuff again the honeymoon will probably be ending. 

WWE crowds are going to turn on Cena any day now. :rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, Champagne said:

WWE crowds are going to turn on Cena any day now. :rolleyes:

I mean they did when he was Super Cena and beating everyone. It was when he went PWG mode where fans started being more on his side. It also helped that he was no longer being booked as the unbeatable superman anymore. Now of course he's at "legend who only makes occasional appearances" status which means he'll probably never get turned on since he won't be around long enough for fans to tire of him.