Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 2/27-3/5 the webhost is sick of our soccer talk I guess

sek69

19 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

But regarding Cody, it will take a while before he becomes a tired act. He might be literally the freshest wrestler on their roster, even. 

I guess it depends on where he goes after Wrestlemania but I think he's booed by the end of the year. Of course, he might also turn heel, so who knows? But the returning babyface comeback that wins the Rumble then goes on to win the title at Wrestlemania for his "boyhood dream" or "do it for daddy" angle or whatever, it won't last. The crowds always get bored of it & turn on it nowadays.

Still, I'll take Cody Rhodes over Kevin Owens any day. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of that would be amazing. The feud, matches, Gunther in the main event & potential Gunther world champion down the road? I'm here for all of it. Right now, I'm loving this Intercontinental reign he's on. Making that belt seem special again. He's had several great matches too. He had crazy chemistry with Sheamus as well. I'm a big Gunther fan.

I think Roman *has* to go on ice for a while after Mania. It’s booking malfeasance if he doesn’t, you can’t end a titanic reign and have the ex-champ still hanging around all the time. Maybe you could do one rematch, but no more than that. Bring him back to do something big for Summerslam. Would love to see Roman vs Big E if he’s able to come back and decides to do so, or a rematch against Zayn without the title if it makes sense. Wasn’t Edge saying last year he’s prob gonna retire again in August of this year? Roman as Edge’s final opponent could be a good rivalry to return to.

I'm hoping Roman is off TV for a little bit after Mania, but him vs. Jey Uso is a big time match waiting to happen.

There is also a non-zero chance of Roman vs. Rock sometime in the next few years and I could see a situation where Vince/Triple H/Nick Khan/whoever realizes that while that match screams "WrestleMania main event," if the schedules only allow it to happen at a B-show, its probably still worth running for the Peacock viewership and the TV ratings (if Rock were to show up for the build) and the massive gate. I'm not saying its eventually going to be happen...but its within the realm of possibility the same way Sting/Undertaker was one of those matches that could've happened for like a decade. And it certainly doesn't need a title.

Obviously, they could do another Sami/Roman match. It might take some re-heating, but is anyone going to doubt Sami's ability to heat that feud up again at this point? Also doesn't really need a title because their issue is so personal.

They could always run another Roman/Brock match. There's also Seth Rollins, another guy that feels like a "In Case of Emergency, Break Glass" feud for Roman anytime they need it. 

My biggest question is actually what happens with the rest of the Bloodline. Roman will be fine, but if they split the Usos, I can see them both fledgling a bit. Solo is cool, but he's going to find himself in the midcard, having to carve out his own space, and could end up the straight man in a comedy tag team. With the Usos, whoever turns face is going to have a built-in feud with Roman and then with their brother...but after that? Is it back to being happy-go-lucky babyface with the big smile and "This is all so fun!" attitude? I hope not. 

2 hours ago, Coffey said:

All of that would be amazing. The feud, matches, Gunther in the main event & potential Gunther world champion down the road? I'm here for all of it. Right now, I'm loving this Intercontinental reign he's on. Making that belt seem special again. He's had several great matches too. He had crazy chemistry with Sheamus as well. I'm a big Gunther fan.

I do wonder what the plans for the IC belt are. I mentioned here, and I saw some people on Twitter also talking about it, that a three way between Big Gun, Big Sheamo and Big Drew would be dope. You can protect Gunther (and have a rematch at Backlash), give Sheamus the final piece of his Grand Slam and get Drew something. Plus, it's big meaty men bumping meat.

Gunther is low-key (maybe not so much) one of the best wrestlers on the planet right now. He slimmed down and didn't lose one bit of his killer aura. He looks scarier now, IMO.

9 minutes ago, DMJ said:

My biggest question is actually what happens with the rest of the Bloodline. Roman will be fine, but if they split the Usos, I can see them both fledgling a bit. Solo is cool, but he's going to find himself in the midcard, having to carve out his own space, and could end up the straight man in a comedy tag team. With the Usos, whoever turns face is going to have a built-in feud with Roman and then with their brother...but after that? Is it back to being happy-go-lucky babyface with the big smile and "This is all so fun!" attitude? I hope not. 

Solo is one that I can seriously see becoming a WWE champ in a few years, but they are having him tag with Jimmy and have some occasional singles matches with guys like KO. He could have a nice IC-focused program afterward, or be a meaner, hungrier replacement for Main Event Jey. He certainly can work with other bruisers like Drew and Sheamus. Honestly, just love how giving him the Samoan Spike made him feel like a bigger deal. 

As for Jey, he had a pretty nice singles run a couple of years ago. His feud with Roman even kickstarted the whole Bloodline! He can cut a promo, him and Jimmy are more distinguishable now than ever, and is a great in-ring worker (both Usos have been great for a decade now). 

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Dom is actually becoming a good worker? What the fuck

Dom going from “embarrassing LARPer nepo baby” to “actually alright and promising” is the feel-good story of the year. Get a fucking physique, get less stiff on the mic, and you might actually have something with him. That whole “son of Eddie” thing having a weird meta resonance 15 years later is hilarious.

4 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Kross out there looking like El Hijo de Waylon Mercy

Kross is the one major miss of the Hunter Era so far, imo.  Dude doesn't even have the aura he had in NXT, he went from looking like a badass to looking like a guy who's going to roofie your drink. 

12 hours ago, Embrodak said:

Dom going from “embarrassing LARPer nepo baby” to “actually alright and promising” is the feel-good story of the year. Get a fucking physique, get less stiff on the mic, and you might actually have something with him. That whole “son of Eddie” thing having a weird meta resonance 15 years later is hilarious.

Him being so fucking stiff is part of what makes him work, at this point. I mean, the promo he cut on Charlotte felt natural, as opposed to him posing as this tough guy who spent hours behind bars.