Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Double or Nothing 2023

KawadaSmile

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

If Punk's body can hold up, a double turn leading to a babyface MJF chasing a heel Punk would be a pretty good way to shake things up.

I am curious if Punk will embrace being a full blown heel coming out of the fallout of this whole drama. You'd be turning FTR in that scenario as well.  I don't anticipate massive pipebombs incoming, but we'll see.  He'll probably remain a face in Chicago no matter what, which is already the situation with MJF and Long Island. Bret was able to pull it off, too.

I expect we're gonna get a safe, "I respect you" type of match with Samoa Joe and take things from there. 

4 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

I can’t imagine that Tony Khan is going to let the potential of an MJF vs. Kenny Omega World Title match slip through his fingers. And I say that as somebody who doesn’t even really like Omega. But to me it seems like it would be ridiculously stupid to not book that match.

That's true, that's probably the only real "money match" MJF has as champ besides the Punk one. But man, it does not look like kayfabe wise, Kenny will be in a position to challenge Max until at least Full Gear and I'm not sure this title reign is gonna be that long.