Pro Wrestling Only

1996 Project Discussion Thread

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here, here! Glad to hear the storm passed! :o The game thus far has been a wonderful distraction for me! @Perfectly Straightedge

Regarding my recent moves, it dawned me that being based in LA I needed to get more lucha on the roster. And I needed to get younger. To that effect, I brought in a trio of young lucha rock stars with Vampiro Casanova, Jerry Estrada, and Heavy Metal. Also, Mascarita Sagrada Jr. is one of the best on the planet and known to American fans as Max Mini. For the women's division (I am the only one booking ladies!), I brought in drop dead gorgeous Takako Inoue. Sadly, Megumi Kudo's last match was in April of 1997, so I need to be prepared to let her go! :(

Hey @SirEdger, Buddy Landel remind you of anyone? ;)

Meltzer coming in btw LOL!

1 minute ago, MLB said:

Slightly resembles someone I know, indeed! :lol:

On my side, I realized I could use a handful of more familiar names so I made some moves to "reacquire" The Barbarian & Jim Duggan. I still think I'll be able to bring in a Southern feel to WCW.

5 minutes ago, MLB said:

Here, here! Glad to hear the storm passed! :o The game thus far has been a wonderful distraction for me! @Perfectly Straightedge

Regarding my recent moves, it dawned me that being based in LA I needed to get more lucha on the roster. And I needed to get younger. To that effect, I brought in a trio of young lucha rock stars with Vampiro Casanova, Jerry Estrada, and Heavy Metal. Also, Mascarita Sagrada Jr. is one of the best on the planet and known to American fans as Max Mini. For the women's division (I am the only one booking ladies!), I brought in drop dead gorgeous Takako Inoue. Sadly, Megumi Kudo's last match was in April of 1997, so I need to be prepared to let her go! :(

Meltzer coming in btw LOL!

I was going to say Vampiro would have been perfect for your roster. La Parka might be a good fit too.

Wtf...? I didn't realize you already drafted him, my bad. :lol: @jeff5819

I was under the impression there was a 10 match rule to be considered officially active. CW had a grand total of six matches from 94 through 96 according to Cagematch. I don't have any objection to him being rostered, I wasn't clear on the criteria. 

Seems fine to me. There's a few guys on the BattArts roster like Sekimoto who weren't active in 1996 but I don't think it's a big deal. Going forward there should be a 10 match rule (maybe 5?) or some proof that they started training or fighting in a certain year. At least when considering debuts. Retirements might be a different story. 

Yeah I was curious about retirements since @Control21 touched on it. I am dealing with a few looming retirements (Megumi Kudo, Combat Toyoda, Dynamite Kid). 

I drafted them with the intention of them being retired, however it might be challenging to track everybody throughout the entire project. If I could keep them beyond their retirements I will because I'd rather they not be used elsewhere. @Perfectly Straightedge

I would say for Toyoda and Dynamite Kid, 1996 seems like would be their last year since Dynamite Kid didn't have a match beyond 1996 and Toyoda had her last match in 1996, but came back in 1998, 1999, and 2008 for special appearances but maybe we could use retired wrestlers for one-offs like DoW. Kudo had her last match in 1997.