Pro Wrestling Only

1996 Project Discussion Thread

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Fascinating change of the landscape of the 96 project with the WCW/NWA shake up.

Made sense for both sides, I could tell that @SirEdger wanted more of a Crockett version of WCW and @Perfectly Straightedge was seeking a larger scale promotion that could rival WWF. I'd actually say that WCW might have overtaken WWF in terms of overall starpower after this move. Some really nice throw ins for WCW retaining the DoD, Harlem Heat and the Nasties, along with Hulk and company.

Meanwhile, the NWA isn't messing around with presenting the classic NWA with an ECW twist that has a lot of potential. Now we get a proper Flair vs. Douglas feud. Straightedge's version did a nice job setting up Dusty and Paul E., but I could see Heyman's role getting marginalized, and hopefully the new ownership keeps that storyline going with Taz, RVD, Spike, Tajiri and the remaining ECW talent. 

I actually realized as I was trying to plan things that it wouldn't have been feasible for me to book that WCW without having the NWO around while I think that in hindsight, I'll have an easier time maintaining what Straightedge started while implementing my own twists. Already have my 2 first Powers mapped out. They should be up during the weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, here's an important update:

I received a message from @Perfectly Straightedge via another user saying that because he got banned from PWO for an incident with another user, he can no longer run this game. Therefore, I decided to step in and I'm willing to help run the game until we can figure out a solution or if someone else absolutely wants to step up.

As for what comes with the WCW roster, we could go 2 ways:

1-We freeze the roster and let it as Straightedge had it and find another writer to take it.

2-We disband the roster into free agency and Untouchables list.

Personally, I'll comply with the majority decision. If anyone has suggestions or knows a writer who could take over for Straightedge, keep me updated. Until then, the game can continue as it is. If there are other developments, I'll let you know.

6 minutes ago, jeff5819 said:

It sucks but my opinion is that we freeze the WCW Roster for a month to give Streightedge a chance to either figure a way back or find a new writer and go from there. 

As for running the board I'm wiling to help where I can if you need it.

I'll gladly take any help I can to make sure we continue to run things smoothly.

My take is that we ought freeze WCW for a month and release the Untouchables now. If no one claims WCW after a month from today, we hold a mini-draft or release them into the free agent pool. 

I think we should increase the roster spots because that's a lot of talent becoming available at once. 

8 minutes ago, jeff5819 said:

If after a month it does go to the untouchables then maybe see about drafting in January after the rookies draft as a compromise 

That's a good compromise. Tossing WCW into the rookie draft adds intrigue.

Whatever works, I am content with my roster.