Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 8/30 - 9/2 - Brawl In is so tacky

Timbo Slice

21 minutes ago, Perfectly Straightedge said:

There is no chance I am purchasing All Out this Sunday. I will find a way to stream that event. There is nothing that I feel I would be upset about not seeing live.

You mean you don’t want to pay to see an 8 Man Tag with FTR & The Bucks vs. Bullet Club Gold? But that’s a dream match and not at all like a random match you could see any week on free TV! :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

I get All Out isn't setting the world on fire, but Joe vs Shane Taylor is going to be a pretty fun Big Meaty Men Slapping Meat match

Agreed, Taylor rules. I totally get why Keith Lee was seen to have the higher ceiling in mainstream wrestling but Taylor's probably better at it. 

16 minutes ago, Timbo Slice said:

I know we give Tony shit but at the same time he knows how to push some of the right buttons, man. 

Yeah, Tony is great.

30 minutes ago, MLB said:

Agreed, Taylor rules. I totally get why Keith Lee was seen to have the higher ceiling in mainstream wrestling but Taylor's probably better at it. 

Yeah, Tony is great.

Unless you're talking about the cartoon tiger, Ummm. What? Khan just pulled off something historic and the only things anyone is talking about is shit that an actual Boss would take care of. E Feds don't take into account Pro Wrestlers.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Unless you're talking about the cartoon tiger, Ummm. What? 

Wait...you don't like Tony?

I mean, I don't know what people want. I thought was Dixie was cool, I thought Herb Abrams was cool, so I should probably preface these statements. I think Rob Black is great. It's pro wrestling not church. Fans complain about bullying and then wonder where Bill Watts went. Tony is great for these times, seems like a cool bro to hang out with.

Just now, MLB said:

Wait...you don't like Tony?

I mean, I don't know what people want. I thought was Dixie was cool, I thought Herb Abrams was cool, so I should probably preface these statements. I think Rob Black is great. It's pro wrestling not church. Fans complain about bullying and then wonder where Bill Watts went. Tony is great for these times, seems like a cool bro to hang out with.

I think Khan is a billionaire and therefore, fuck him. I also think he's probably a nice guy who thought being the first number two promotion since WCW was gonna be a cakewalk because he has no idea how to be a boss of wrestlers 

The Khan family has been very generous to the wrestling business, let's be real. TK is not making money off AEW. Cornette bitches every week that TK is overpaying the boys. I keep reading how fans want TK to "crack down" but also delegate more and it seems like a catch 22. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I think Khan is a billionaire and therefore, fuck him. 

Pro wrestling on a large scale has always been backed by legacy families like the McMahons, Khans, Crocketts, Carters, "Court" Bauers, etc. Ted Turner was the son of a billboard magnate. Otherwise, it is considered outlaw wrestling and derided as backyard. 

First of all, there's no such thing as overpaying the wrestlers, that's great. But despite that there is no such thing as good billionaires and Tony Khan has clearly shown that he can break records but can't manage or control wrestlers. Until he either grows a set and stops being a pal/ mark with his employees or hires people to do it, AEW will continue to be the number two company that can't get out of it's own way. They just set a fucking record, and all anyone can talk about is Punk rightfully showing  90210 Dylan's kid what Fuck around and find out means. It's insane and it's not sustainable.

12 minutes ago, MLB said:

Pro wrestling on a large scale has always been backed by legacy families like the McMahons, Khans, Crocketts, Carters, "Court" Bauers, etc. Ted Turner was the son of a billboard magnate. Otherwise, it is considered outlaw wrestling and derided as backyard. 

How many billionaires on that list? I mean, fuck all the rich promoters who fucked talent and always did/do.  Jarrett rich or Khan rich. Fuck them. But at least Jarrett, Crockett, and McMahon knew how to promote wrestling AND deal with wrestlers, for bad or good.