Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Payback 2023

KawadaSmile

I have to be honest, I watched Payback basically just to see LA Knight (YEAH!) vs. The Miz and I am not going to lie, I was pleasantly surprised at how great that show was.

I don’t know if it’s because creepy old Vince is not around due to his “medical leave” or what the reason is, but WWE has really tightened up on their creative. They actually managed to make a match with two guys who have been around forever, in Nak and Rollins compelling. That is no small feat. 

That Tag Title match especially blew me away. Good shit, pal.

11 hours ago, sek69 said:

I know this might sound like bullshit to some, but when they were running the hype video before the show, Cena and LA Knight were like 1a and 1b in terms of reaction from the crowd. 

Glad you mentioned that. I was going to ask you, having been there live, what the crowd reaction felt like for LA Knight. On TV it sure comes across like he is crazy over. But I know WWE has been sweetening crowd reactions on TV for sometime now.

Then again, I don’t think they would boost his crowd reactions deliberately, because this was not something they planned. This whole deal with Knight has been happening kind of organically.

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

It looked terrifying. Both Becky and Trish looked like they went through hell, judging by their bruises. Fucking awesome match.

Trish had a massive hematoma egg on her forehead that looked like an alien was going to pop out of it