Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Crown Jewel - 11/2023

WingedEagle

Pretty loaded show. Historically these also move quicker and have less downtime than traditional WWE PLEs, but with 7 matches scheduled for the main show it could run long. Between this and Power Struggle it looks like Collision is getting punted to tomorrow or sometime this week.

Booking and time allocation will determine how this one fares, but between Seth/Drew, Cody/Priest, Iyo/Bianca and Rey/Paul there's a ton of potential with Roman/Knight and Cena/Solo the wildcards as far as quality.

Rey Mysterio Jr. could have ended his career doing stuff like going to Arena Mexico regularly and pay homage to lucha libre having matches with legends and stuff. Instead he's doing a job for a tried and true dirtbag on a show sportwashing human rights violation abuse galore. That's certainly an unexpected arc. Choices be made an all. Logan Paul winning a title on a Bloodmoney show is, on the other hand, absolutely fitting.

10 hours ago, sek69 said:

Show wasn't bad, mostly predictable. Kairi making her return here was a surprise to me but we knew it was happening at some point.

I really wanted to see this show, especially to see how LA Knight held up under the pressure of working a Main Event of a major PLE. Unfortunately stupid real life interfered with my being able to catch this.

It was a forgone conclusion that Knight was not going to win and be the one to dethrone Roman. I’m not even sure I think he should have. But this was certainly the biggest match of his career. How did he look? Did he look out of place or did he work well within the WWE “big match” structure?

I don’t doubt that the higher ups were using this match as a testing ground for him to determine where his push goes from here.

15 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

Booking and time allocation will determine how this one fares, but between Seth/Drew, Cody/Priest, Iyo/Bianca and Rey/Paul there's a ton of potential with Roman/Knight and Cena/Solo the wildcards as far as quality.

IMO all the matches delivered in ring, only the women's 5 way didn't really do it for me but even that match had Shanya locking in three different submissions on three different people at the same time so it had that going for it. 

Show was okay. The last couple Saudi shows seemed waay better. Probably because the bloodline angle was still hot. 

Hopefully they'll do something with Bailey and give her more promo time. And same for Zayn, I hope they don't use him to put priest over. Priest will never be a big star imo. He has no charisma. 

The women's division seems like a cluster truck.