Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire stronger than ever? (for two days lol)

Ricky Jackson

3 hours ago, C.S. said:

Curious what you mean by this:

I'm no Netflix apologist, for many reasons, just to be clear.

Netflix : "Love is sharing a password"

Also Netflix : "Hey, you people are cheating us, you can't share passwords no more !"

Also, they don't pay taxes like they should (yeah, that covers a whole lot of companies). Fuck ya, Netflix. Then again, all big streaming service are awful, really. Choosing one is having to choose the lesser evil, just like with music. Fuck you too Spotify, by the way, you're an awful company.

I wonder if by being on Netflix, they'll be able to start using licensed music, due to having a bigger budget. Maybe we'll see Bron make his main roster debut to Welcome to the Jungle. On a more cynical note, now I'm wondering if they'll just keep the belts on the current champs and wait until the Netflix premiere, no major title changes at Wrestlemania or anything (which means we get ANOTHER record broken by Roman). 

My cynical question is if WWE gets Raw back to two hours with the motivation of being able to tape another show (or expand Main Event) that they can sell separately to distributors. 

7 hours ago, JRH said:

I wonder if by being on Netflix, they'll be able to start using licensed music, due to having a bigger budget.

I doubt it. Teddy Sarandos - Netflix co-CEO - is the cheapest penny-pinching bastard around. 

I’m actually in the opposite camp of penny pinching. 

Much like it was with the WWE Network, this is a chance for Netflix to take something that is self-produced and see how it tests from a streaming standpoint. If it sticks and is reliable and a constant stream of eyes on the product, they can use it to go to one of the big sports leagues and show they have the chops to do it for them, too. 

Hence the opt out; if it doesn’t work, they pivot away. Otherwise, they either lock it in or extend. I see them giving WWE every chance to be worth the investment, and can absolutely see them saying when the Peacock deal runs out saying, “Give it all to us“ and running with it. 

• Ricky Jackson changed the title to Is the empire stronger than ever? (for two days lol)