Pro Wrestling Only

RIP Mike Jones aka Virgil

Dav'oh

SlamWrestling is reporting the passing of Virgil.

"Mike Jones, who wrestling fans knew as Virgil and Vincent, has died. The news was confirmed by Pittsburgh referee Mark Charles III who had one of many who continued to look in on Jones as his health failed.

Charles III posted to Facebook on the morning of February 28, 2024:
My dear friends, it is with great sorrow that I bring news from the Jones family of the passing of our beloved Michael Jones, whom we know and loved as Virgil, Vincent, Soul Train Jones and more.
Virgil passed peacefully at the hospital this morning and I ask that you pray for him and for his family.
May his memory be eternal!"

Rest in Peace

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Him being just 61 was a bit shocking to me. May he rest in peace!

28 of October of 2021, actually!

There was a news article somewhere claiming Jones was a decade older than widely reported. I don't think that got verified but it's out there.

Sad news.

I thought he was a great bodyguard for the Million Dollar Man, and I loved his babyface run against DiBiase as the Million Dollar Champion.

I also recall him being one of Bret Hart's early World Title defenses when he was a "fighting champion."

I'm glad he got one more chance in the spotlight with AEW by appearing in a video as Soul Train Jones.

3 hours ago, Al said:

There was a news article somewhere claiming Jones was a decade older than widely reported. I don't think that got verified but it's out there.

He was 72. His sister is 74 and says he was 2 years younger than her.

Lots of confusion on his age though, yeah.