Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 5/8-5/11 Team Elite vs Team AEW

sek69

11 hours ago, sek69 said:

So the Embassy turned on Swerve but Nana wasn't there. I hope this doesn't mean he's not part of the act anymore.

I kind of assume it's to set up a bit of a question, which would be resolved by Nana still being on team Swerve.

I will say, I think they've struggled to find the voice for Swerve as a babyface and as the champ. He's still over, but there was a sense of purpose there before that feels forced right now.

So apparently during the RoH matches taped after Dynamite, a fan (who was there with a child) was shouting sexual harassment at Skye Blue to the point that she was noticeably uncomfortable and told the guy to Fuck Off. People in the section were apparently trying to shout him down too, which only made him get louder and worse.

When the match ended Skye apparently left very upset, and ref Aubrey Edwards and Rachael Ellering who was Skye's opponent immediately got security and had the guy thrown out of the building.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people?

and of course the disgusting fucktwit incel  keyboard warrior "wrestling fans" on Twitter showed up in droves to defend the guy with great takes like:

"if she doesn't want comments like that she shouldn't show so much of her ass" 

"People used to get stabbed and she got words, she should count herself lucky."

"buncha snowflakes don't even know what real heat is"

I grow more ashamed to be remotely associated with this business all the time.

Today's wrestlers are soft because they get upset when fans yell degrading things at them while heels in the old days had to deal with fans attacking them. Or something.

Regardless, saying they came out in droves is overstating it a bit. There will always be dweeb wrestling fans ready to spew bile whenever a woman exists, and they have been emboldened somewhat by Elon turning Twitter into Xchan (a disproportionate number of them seem to have blue checks). But they're few and far between, and they're almost always either ratio'd into oblivion or ignored entirely. The modern wrestling community is the most diverse and accepting it's ever been. We've come a long way from ECW fans chanting "she's a crack whore" and the like.

So it looks like Chuck Taylor's injury is legit career ending, which sucks. He had necrosis in the bones in his ankle, which is what happened with Bo Jackson's hip. I suppose it says a lot about him as a person that he used it as a way to give his friend a career boost on his way out, a true pro to the end.

The first time I watched it, I didn't think it was that bad. Not good by any means, but not all-time terrible. Then I watched it again and yes, it really was that bad. And it was a pre-taped promo! "We did 20 takes and that was the best one."

In much more auspicious news:

Now we're talking.

Where did Dynamite Kid 2.0 come from? I feel like I am fairly up on the current scene, and I don't recall having heard about him before this AEW match, and it obviously wasn't his first match. So where has he been working?

6 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

Where did Dynamite Kid 2.0 come from? I feel like I am fairly up on the current scene, and I don't recall having heard about him before this AEW match, and it obviously wasn't his first match. So where has he been working?

He's been around Canadian indies apparently, and while it's not his fault seeing him was nearly David Benoit levels of unease seeing someone who looks nearly identical to a known POS.

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

He's been around Canadian indies apparently, and while it's not his fault seeing him was nearly David Benoit levels of unease seeing someone who looks nearly identical to a known POS.

It's all presentation. If someone cast David Benoit as a boy wizard, everyone would think he looks like Harry Potter. (Not that I'm suggesting that would be a good gimmick, mind you - I'm just saying.)

Same reason everything thinks Trevor Murdoch looks like Dick when, well, he really doesn't. 

But now I want a Chris Benoit biopic starring Daniel Radcliffe, damn it.

7 minutes ago, C.S. said:

It's all presentation. If someone cast David Benoit as a boy wizard, everyone would think he looks like Harry Potter. (Not that I'm suggesting that would be a good gimmick, mind you - I'm just saying.)

Same reason everything thinks Trevor Murdoch looks like Dick when, well, he really doesn't. 

But now I want a Chris Benoit biopic starring Daniel Radcliffe, damn it.

I don't disagree but David Benoit and Tommy Billington have a striking family resemblance, so even before the presentation there's a bit of "whoa he really looks like X".

Also do people think Trevor Murdoch looks like dick? I never really saw it outside of similar body types. Giving him the name Murdoch just made me think of all the territories who would give the name Rhodes to some heavyset guy with blonde hair and let people make the connection.