Pro Wrestling Only

Lance Cade was just endeavor'd

sek69

I expect he got labelled with the "he doesn't know how to work" tag after being aligned with Chris Jericho for several months, rubbing shoulders with the headliners Jericho was working with and even pinning Shawn Michaels didn't get him over, so they decided to cut their losses, because they did everything in their power to get him over and it wasn't working.

It almost couldn't happen to a nicer WWE apologist! If only he wasn't talking about his IPods, IPhones and Playstation 3s all the time, then maybe he would have realised the company wouldn't appreciate all the sacrifices he made and they would fire him on a whim, because as we all know broke and seemingly helpless wrestlers from any era can largely blame themselves for not having the common sense or discipline to prepare for their futures.

I kinda hate that winning and losing doesn't mean anything in wrestling. I don't care what the circumstances are, why would you give someone a pinfall victory over Shawn Michaels and have them play lackey for the World champion, only to release them without warning a few weeks later? Unless this is drug related, it doesn't make sense. Wasting a pinfall victory over a top star on someone you're not even sure yet if you're going to push that much is weird.

What's the history of Cade as "apologist"?

He started a blog two months ago on the WWE fan site and the few posts he made could have won him the jackpot at WWE apologists bingo. Like:

I've been in this business, and getting paid to do it just two weeks after I graduated high school in 1999. One thing that irritates me more than anything is when certain individuals in the media, a former wrestler or some stupid ex-wife complain that wrestlers work too hard of a schedule. This isn't World War II or Vietnam. WWE or this business in general doesn't have a draft forcing anyone to do this line of work. I have no college education. And when I started making money in this business and was taken off my parents health insurance policy, I realized that this is something I NEED, even if it prevents me from getting something I WANT. Big difference there. This is the greatest line of work someone could possibly be in. I'm thankful everyday that I get to just pass by my wrestling bag and look at my boots and know that I get to do this for work! Not to mention the most important thing, my two daughters, a 5-year-old who starts kindergarten in two weeks, and a 7-month-old who's already pulling herself up and standing, get to enjoy a damn good quality of life because of this business.

So why am I so upset this weekend? Because I was forearmed in the nose last Saturday night and broke my nose in five different spots and got a few stitches for it. The injury doesn't bother me. Not being on the road this weekend because of that, irritates me more than anything. Vacation is one thing. And I've never asked for one day off in this business. Being forced to stay at home when you want to work flat out sucks. I love being on the road and doing what I do, but, I declined to get it fixed and I will be at Monday Night Raw tomorrow night. Same goes with my dislocated shoulder that happened Dec. 28, 2007. Doctors wanted me to get it fixed, however, I took five weeks off and have been back ever since. I'll probably get in trouble for saying this but, sometimes the truth hurts. A certain "top guy" had an injury, much less severe than mine and he took eight months off and took his ball and left. That's fine ... He had no passion for this business. I won't take time off unless I'm forced to. There ... I got that off my chest. I want to be in that ring every chance I get.

Maybe he didn't sell enough for HBK's chair attacks the other week.

I think that angle was done to write his character out of the storylines before they fired him. What Bryan Alvarez said over at Wrestling Observer/Figure Four Online:

I knew Lance Cade was in deep trouble the moment he had that bad performance on Raw in a tag match with HHH, Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho. That's a recipe for doom.

from jr's blog

As many of you know, Lance Cade was abruptly released from his contract this week much to the surprise of many of us. I have always thought that Cade had a wealth of physical potential and he was always a polite young man in my dealings with him. Like many fans, I too did my share of arm chair quarterbacking as to why Cade was not featured in a more prominent role on WWE TV programming. However it seemed that in the past several weeks those issues were being addressed even to the point of Cade defeating HBK on a recent Monday Night Raw. The story that I have read on many internet sites about the reason for Cade's sudden dismissal isn't accurate. Many punhdits speculate that Cade was dismissed because of a bad performance in a recent TV bout against DX on Raw which is absolutely untrue. Lance's dismissal had zero to do with his in ring performances or his lack of ability. Lance Cade was dismissed from the WWE because, like many humans, he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment that cost him his job. This included Lance having a seizure on an airplane and having to have emergency medial care. Luckily, Lilian Garcia was on the same flight and was instrumental in helping Lance get taken to a hospital where a battery of tests were run that luckily determined that there was nothing seriously wrong with the young man such as a brain tumor, etc. Everyone makes mistakes, Lord knows I have made plenty in my career, but in this day and time some mistakes just simply can't be condoned. To some fans, Lance Cade will likely still be perceived as the victim in this matter and his punishment too harsh. Under the circumstances of the situation, I don't know what other decision the WWE could have made. I'm just relieved that it wasn't me in my former role that would have had to address this matter. I really like this kid and hope that he continues to follow his dreams. Second chances are not foreign in the wrestling business so perhaps that could be in Lance's future but that's just a personal observation. Lance Cade is a talented young man whose best days should be ahead of him and I wish him nothing but success. Lance has been knocked down and now it is up to him to get off the canvas and get back in the game. I'm damn sure pulling for him. Let's hope Lance's peers are paying attention to this situation.

Well, that proved my previous posts wrong. :)

Shouldn't the Wellness policy, which Cade went out of his way to praise in his aforementioned blog, be catching wrestlers with problems before they pass out on a plane from a seizure? Lesson to Cade's peers, whatever you do don't pass out in public, especially so soon after a top star was refused on a plane for being drunk!

Also, he's 27 years old. I'll remember that next time someone in WWE dusts off the line about how drug and alcohol abuse is a thing of the past and that the new generation of wrestlers don't have these problems. Sure, Kennedy has already destroyed that argument, but here's yet another example.