Pro Wrestling Only

The Paul London Thread

Loss

Between the below recap and the WOL appearance last week, we should probably start something, as it appears we may be hearing from him for a while.

From Lords of Paste:

Paul London gave False Count Radio his first post-WWE interview and he wasn't afraid to let loose. Here are some of the highlights of this near two hour interview:

When asked if he was shocked about his WWE release, London immediately said "no", but was shocked that they were still paying him. Also felt it was an "opportune time to part ways."

London strongly disliked his theme music. "I tried to get that s--- changed so many times to some good music," he said. "They kept low-balling my buddy's music." London said he wanted some real music, but WWE officials kept put off talking to his friends about composing a new theme.

London said that he never liked Billy Kidman as a person, but admired his work in WCW "when he was 100 pounds lighter". On how they were put together, London said it was because they have both have dark hair, well-tanned, and like to go on the top rope. "Hey, let's make a tag team out of these guys," London said. London also said he lost respect for Kidman, claiming that he "threw me under the bus to keep himself over with the boys."

"The Albert Einstein of Pro Wrestling" Alex asked London how it was working with the Dudleyz, in which London stated that D-Von was great to work with, but Bubba was cool "maybe five percent of the time." He added: "I'm not saying anything new that he's an a-----."

A caller asks what the reasoning was for him smiling on the day Mr. McMahon "died." London discusses how hard it was not to laugh at the whole thing. "I had no clue what was going on. I had no idea this guy was going to his 'destruction' or 'demise'," London said. London adds they were told just to react to Vince when he came walking down the hallway to the parking lot. "Everyone trying to put on their best acting face, which was a joke," he said. London believes McMahon held a personal vendetta against him from that day forward, even giving Evan Bourne the Shooting Star Press as a result.

A caller asks him what he thinks of Evan Bourne using the shooting star press, to which London replies that "it's ridiculous and it's pretty funny." London also quips, "So I guess he (McMahon) wanted a lackluster Shooting Star." He also joked that someone in creative probably watched the "Bourne" movie trilogy and decided it would be a good idea to give Matt Sydal the Evan Bourne name. London says he's half his weight and looks like "Circus of gay." London adds, Bourne means "carried" if you look it up in the dictionary.

London says that Rob Van Dam would be his dream opponent, as he not only idolizes the wrestler, but also the person.

London starts ranting on Matt Hardy during a discussion of the 2006 Armageddon featuring London & Kendrick vs. William Regal & Dave Taylor vs. MNM vs. the Hardy Boys in a ladder match. "All I remember was that I hate Matt Hardy," London said on the False Count radio show. "I think he's a piece of s---. And I was trying to go into that (match) with as much of a professional mindset as possible without trying to murder this person. I think he's a coward."

London then recalls a story regarding his perspective on Hardy as he once told him on him in catering, as if the situation were from a high school cafeteria. "I said a cuss word in catering and he actually raised his hand and told on me," London said.

London rants on Hardy more: "The thing with Matt is no respect. Just a rotten person. He tries to pull the wool over people's eyes and put himself over online, but he's the definition of a mark for himself. I just don't like the guy. He's done some things to try to sabotage my career, without going into detail, but (he is) the definition of a coward."

On the other hand, London's favorite match of his career was against his brother Jeff at a house show in Mexico "that was never seen." "Jeff and I went out there on the last day (of the tour) and stole the show," London said. "Jeff's the cool one and Matt's the fat, ugly one who carries a chip on his shoulder because his brother is more popular than him," London claimed.

London is asked if he plans on training wrestlers, to which London said he would like to in the future.

Paul London commented on Brian Kendrick and their tag team work on Smackdown. He said said he understands why they were split up because Kendrick didn't want to be associated with his out-spoken nature and be dragged down by it. He's happy for him on SmackDown, but sadly sees Kendrick's singles push as a vehicle for getting over Ezekiel Jackson. "Haven't always seen eye-to-eye, but that's what made us a dynamic unit," London said. "I wish him success. I'm sorry to see his push has been replaced by Casper, but I'm sure he's not surprised. It really seemed like a vehicle to get over (Ezekiel) Jackson." London has trouble remembering Jackson's first name.

London addressed online rumors of going to TNA as the Suicide video game character, saying they're "not true." London said he didn't even know about the character, and that he has not been in contact with TNA. London jokingly says he wants to come into TNA as "Life", so Suicide will have a feud.

London is then asked about his relationship with former WWE Diva Ashley Massaro. He said "relationships end" and they were "under such a strangehold schedule that is the wrestling business."

London continued: "Relationships are very difficult. She's an extremely nice girl, good head on her shoulders, and has massive amount of potential, but life can be schedule. I have no ill-feelings whatsoever. People grow and do what they have to do."

They then go into word association on the likes of John Cena, Randy Orton and Triple H. Regarding John Cena, London called him the "hardest-working person in the business." He starts laughing hard after recalling watching the the trailer for "12 Rounds" where Cena plays a cop.

On Randy Orton, he said he's a "super cool guy" and "probably the most talented guy they have by far."

On the other hand, London isn't too fond of Triple H as he calls him the complete opposite of what he said about Orton. "If I had to guess, I would guess that he's not the most honest guy, a bit of a coward, and when I say coward, I mean someone who might secretly set something up, and then blame it someone else," London said.

When it comes to Vince McMahon, London slowly said: "Darkness. Black. All things negative. Not really in tune with the audience. Someone who has cemented himself in his own ways regardless of whether they're beneficial for business. Fascist."

JT Evans asks London what the fans can expect in his PWG debut, which London replies "an uncensored, unrestrained spirit...the fans can look forward to honesty".

You can listen to the interview in its entirety at the following link.

I wonder if he was the guy Dave kept doing blind teases about when he kept mentioning someone in WWE had like a billion Wellness fines for smoking weed and it ended up making them tighten the policy since it would make the company look bad to have someone come up positive so many times.

I wonder if he was the guy Dave kept doing blind teases about when he kept mentioning someone in WWE had like a billion Wellness fines for smoking weed and it ended up making them tighten the policy since it would make the company look bad to have someone come up positive so many times.

I thought that was Kendrick since it involved a push being killed.

Guest The 3H's

I'm not getting the importance of this...

Paul London is a junkie and bitter about how his run in the E went.

I don't really blame him, though, I do feel he shouldn't have went in on Bourne like that.

Guest LShunter

If they ever bring him back in, they need to package him with Tom Zenk in the "Chavo Classic" type role.

Ha! I was thinking "shades of Z-Man" when I read this the first time too.

I'm not getting the importance of this...

Is it supposed to be something huge, or something?

What are you asking?

What the importance of a Paul London thread is. It's not like John Cena left.

This is probably one of those things that's above my head...

I like Sydal but he has never had the great matches London has had.

To be fair, I haven't seen any of either guy for at least 18 months, but the only top class matches London has are 2/3 Falls v Dragon and the street fight with Michael Shane, and I'm not even sure how far they would hold up now, it's been so long since I watched them.

I don't think I've ever seen Sydal have an actively bad match, and his match against Rave at Final Showdown is better than anything I've seen London involved in except the two matches I mentioned. Sydal is a much better sympathetic face, sells better and his execution is second to none.

London can be pretty good, but he hasn't the personality or x factor to hold my attention. I don't think he ever had the potential of a big fanbase in WWE either, he isn;t as good looking as Sydal (women), his moves look less flashy (kids) and was never particularly 'cool', though to be fair on that count few wrestling characters are. I don't see what unique selling point he brings to the table, whereas I can clearly see that with Sydal.

I thought London's theatre background would have made him a natural coming into WWE, but it's interesting that a guy who is actually trained is the one who can't keep a straight face when Vince is about to meet his demise.

I remember at the time he came in, the idea was to push him on RAW as an undersized heavyweight instead of a cruiserweight, and keep him in the upper midcard. Interesting how ideas change.

I can't blame him for the smiling thing. His character was that of a borderline-insane goofball, after all, and from his version of events it sounded like nobody gave them any real direction other than to just stand there as Vince walked past. And was that segment taped live? I doubt it, for something that complex. If Vince or anyone had a problem with him grinning, they should've just yelled CUT, told him to knock it off, and shot it again. You'd think that would be a hell of a lot easier than "nah, let's keep that take, and instead we'll bury both him and his totally innocent tag partner for the next year straight". Gotta love that WWE mindset about how settling internal scores is more important than putting out the best product.

Paul London is a junkie

Do you know something the rest of us don't?

Still wondering about this.

I like Sydal but he has never had the great matches London has had.

To be fair, I haven't seen any of either guy for at least 18 months, but the only top class matches London has are 2/3 Falls v Dragon and the street fight with Michael Shane, and I'm not even sure how far they would hold up now, it's been so long since I watched them.

I don't think I've ever seen Sydal have an actively bad match, and his match against Rave at Final Showdown is better than anything I've seen London involved in except the two matches I mentioned. Sydal is a much better sympathetic face, sells better and his execution is second to none.

London can be pretty good, but he hasn't the personality or x factor to hold my attention. I don't think he ever had the potential of a big fanbase in WWE either, he isn;t as good looking as Sydal (women), his moves look less flashy (kids) and was never particularly 'cool', though to be fair on that count few wrestling characters are. I don't see what unique selling point he brings to the table, whereas I can clearly see that with Sydal.

London is also Mexican and thus doesn't posses the Aryan pure blood of Sydal right?