Pro Wrestling Only

DVD #3: Ric Flair goes insane!

Loss

• 2 weeks later...

Ric Flair goes insane is the perfect description for that promo. It starts out like your typical Flair promo, and then he just snaps and goes flying off the handle. It's almost like the famous Nitro promo on Bischoff, only Flair was projecting anger and rage instead of emotion.

Insane is right. I am not sure at all what they were talking about. He's going off on Sting, no it's Luger, no it's Sting. And he talks about how there's only room at the top for the Celtics -- while wearing a goram Lakers championship hat!

Truthfully, I was kind of embarrassed for him. Some of Warrior's promos were more coherent.

• 3 weeks later...

Insane is right. I am not sure at all what they were talking about. He's going off on Sting, no it's Luger, no it's Sting. And he talks about how there's only room at the top for the Celtics -- while wearing a goram Lakers championship hat!

Truthfully, I was kind of embarrassed for him. Some of Warrior's promos were more coherent.

That confused me at first, too. Then I realized that he was referring to himself and the Lakers as winners, and then listed a bunch of other dudes and the Celtics as "the rest".

I've seen a ton of Flair promos, many of them quite odd. Especially stuff where he elbow drops his sport coat, etc. This was the oddest I've seen.

I'm pretty much echoing the sentiments of everybody else here, but yeah... suitably nuts. The way he goes from slick Ric to this insane headcase that's jabbing himself in the forehead is great. I watched this more than once.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I liked Corckett's reaction at the end. He didn't know whether to laugh or run and hide. My fiance, who was working on her thesis while I watched this promo, probably summed the segment up best by saying, "What the hell is wrong with THAT guy?"

Que? :lol:

This promo was incredible. Even though Flair rambled towards the end, and targeted more than one person, it was a nice remembrance of an intense, hate filled promo.

What I find funny, is that Foley ripped this promo off.

• 1 year later...