Pro Wrestling Only

Matt Hardy gets butthurt over mean internet words

sek69

Well guys and gals, since the news has been leaked all over the 'net, I figured I should go ahead and address it truthfully. Yes, the rumors are true, I had some major surgery a couple of day ago. The triple threat match against MVP and Kofi in Green Bay was the straw that broke the camel's back. In a few days, I'm gonna blog on my WWE Universe page and fill everyone in on everything.

But here's a little taste of how tough and annoying the last 2 years of my life has been. For two years, I've been working with a slight abdominal tear, a genetic defect that I was actually born with. Even though we torture ourselves every night in that ring for each of your guy's entertainment.. But don't get me wrong, we love it and chose to do it. The tear hasn't been anything that has really over-affected me performance-wise.. Until.. My appendectomy. From when I returned in April 2008, my abdominal tear became gradually worse. I was having a U.S. Title run I was very proud of.. So I sucked it up! I became the ECW Champion, and was having one of the best runs of my career, and the abdominal injury really started bothering me.. So I sucked it up! I wanted to get it fixed before it got really bad.. BUT.. I had an issue with Jeff on TV which would ultimately lead us to wrestling one another at THE show of all shows, Wrestlemania. So I sucked it up and got through it! Basically, in a nutshell, my intestines were slowly tearing through my abdomen.. Which affected my training greatly, my in-ring work, and my physical appearance. My intestines were slowly swelling because they were all outta wack and protruding through my abdominal wall. But I sucked it up and gave everything I had. I haven't been able to do a sit-up in two years. And as I totally expected, The lil "wanna be cool guys" that feel like bad-asses behind a keyboard LOVED to make comments about my weight gain because I was being lazy. Little did they know, or yet probably even care, that I've stayed constantly frustrated that I was dealing with these serious complications. Honestly, I only care about the personal friends and family that I have, that know my true deal.. It's only their opinions I take serious and to heart. Anybody who writes about me, whether good or bad, but especially bad.. I couldn't care less. I just say thanks for keeping me in the news.

The night in Green Bay, when Kofi gave me a cross body from the top rope, my intestines exploded out through my abdominal wall.. And not just in one spot, but in two spots. I had to have it fixed, or face major health problems.. Problems that could have killed me. So as always, I do what's good for me, my career, friends, and loved ones. Hateful, ignorant comments made on the world wide web certainly doesn't bothered me-but sometimes give me a good laugh.. And my world is a world those people will never experience.

I can actually get into the shape I wanna be in now.. Very excited about that. It's sushi time peeps, I'll be back soon to blog for guys again. Be well, and until then..

So don't you internet guys feel bad now? He's not a fatass, he was just slowly dying for YOU THE FANS until his innards spilled through his abdominal wall.

Guest Kenta Batista

This reminds me of Raven bitching about his thyroid swearing up and down it wasn't his abuse of steroids coming back kicking his ass or that he wasn't being lazy in the ring.

Wrestlers need to stop bitching when they don't get their way with the fans. Seriously some of this guys (Cena being the biggest one) at as though people should applaud and cheer them and be sheep.

Yeah, this is a veiled shot at Wade Keller who noted that he was getting out of shape. Obviously Matt's taken it a bit personally that Wade didn't completely ignore his flaws after giving him an exclusive shoot interview where he unabashedly put himself over and told the world how mean and nasty Edge and Lita were to him. Matt always comes across to me as someone who has Bret Hart's ego with much less to warrant such an ego.

Instead of the petty name calling, he could have easily cleared up any inaccurate portrayals of laziness a lot earlier by letting Wade know that he was working hurt. Unfortunately, Matt's right, it is hard to care for someone who is so whacked out delusional that instead of taking time off to heal his nagging abdominal muscle tear when he broke his hand, he kept going until his intestines exploded out through his abdominal wall, risking death.

Here's Wade's apology. I'm not surprised Wade used his apology to get on his soapbox about mandatory time off for workers to prevent such injuries, but he's right. Unfortunately, he'll probably have to keep getting on that soapbox until the day he retires from wrestling journalism.

Wrestlers need to stop bitching when they don't get their way with the fans. Seriously some of this guys (Cena being the biggest one) at as though people should applaud and cheer them and be sheep.

Fans need to stop bitching when they don't get their way with the wrestlers. Seriously some of these guys act as though they could be the greatest wrestling booker of all time, if only that stupid Vince McMahon would listen to them.

There are a lot of things you can say about Cena, but I think he handles being a top babyface and not having fans follow him lockstep on everything remarkably well. I've never gotten the feeling from him that he thinks fans should be sheep and just cheer him.

One thing I always found weird regarding Wade's comments about Hardy's gut is that he and Bruce Mitchell often speak out against the cookie cutter WWE image. That back in the day, wrestlers were all shapes and sizes and guys like Lawler, Dusty, Foley, Murdoch..et al wouldn't even get a shot now. I agree with all of that. Wade will then go on to make comments about wrestlers getting guts or having a "doughy" physique. You can't have it both ways.

I do like his "mandatory time off" soapbox. If he's going to be a "dog with a bone" about an issue, at least it's one that benefits people outside of himself.

This reminds me of Raven bitching about his thyroid swearing up and down it wasn't his abuse of steroids coming back kicking his ass

When did he do this exactly?

He didn't. He swore up and down that it WAS his use of steroids and other drugs in the past that was messing with his thyroid. I guess he didn't want us to think he was just eating and not exercising.