Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-01-23-ECW-TV] Pulp Fiction

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

I LOVE these by the way. In five minutes, they get the message across about 2-3 big angles, and it's also a cutting edge concept for the time. This one focuses on Raven/Dreamer and Beulah's pregnancy reveal and the Eliminators/Pit Bulls feud, with some other stuff sprinkled in.

• 1 month later...

The Sandman match on 1/5 was his last in ECW. He debuted in WCW cutting a promo on the 1/22 Nitro. I remember that House Party footage didn't air on ECW TV until two weeks after it occured (while usually matches from a particular ECW Arena event would start airing the week after the event and generally would continue for two or three weeks), so the first I learned of Konnan leaving ECW was seeing him advertised on the Clash of the Champions control center.

Awesome stuff. The matches we have seen so far fro

ECW on this set have been okay to bad. But the character segments would have kept me watching to see what craziness would happen next.

I feel like Shane almost shoot laughed at the end when Dreamer was in his face, and then he said "I'll take you to that." Surely he meant "hold" not take?

• 2 weeks later...

This is the perfect way to build your characters when you only have one hour a week. These are quick and move things along. The pieces that aren't the major plot points entertain and break up the serious interviews while adding a bit of depth to the characters. In one line Raven puts over his winning streak over Dreamer, and the reason he hates Dreamer to begin with. Perfect!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Konnan gives his goodbye to ECW and puts over the Sandman, and WCW would never quite be the same. Beulah informs us that Tommy's "higher purpose" is bigger than Raven's. Raven sulks. Blue Meanie spills takeout food all over his and Stevie's hotel room. Fonzie and Taz threaten 911. Francine is in a neck brace and the Pitbulls make their weekly threat toward the Eliminators. The Eliminators make their weekly response. JT Smith informs us of his Italian heritage before pratfalling in his chair. Tommy reveals us that Cactus Jack's "higher purpose" is in Titan Tower. Then he makes threats toward Mikey Whipwreck, hero that he is. Shane Douglas offers to be Dreamer's partner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1996-01-23-ECW-TV] Pulp Fiction