Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-08-12-WCW-Nitro] Interview: Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall & Kevin Nash

Loss

• 1 month later...

Hogan, Hall and Nash are somewhere in the arena sitting on a couch doing an interview that's not that great. Hogan is awesome here, talking about how he doesn't like the look of the belt and suggests redesigning it or melting it down. Hall and Nash are okay, but Hogan is the highlight here, as Nash tries to use one of Hogan's old "Whatcha gonna do?" lines and Hogan is so committed to reinventing himself that he corrects him.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1996-08-12-WCW-Nitro] Interview: Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall & Kevin Nash
  • 3 years later...

The Flair/Savage match from this Nitro was really strong in the ***3/4 range. I will re-watch and make a thread for it. 

I didnt like this segment. This felt like it normalized the NWO. The subsequent got the feel back that the NWO were Outsiders/Invaders that dont belong on the show. This one show made them feel like they were WCW wrestlers. I am glad they turned the ship around in the weeks after this. Hogan's promo with Mean Gene also was a problem. Mean Gene interviewing Hogan made it feel too normal. Thankfully Mean Gene has not interviewed them since. It just felt like Gene was out there with anyone else. Yes Hogan as a heel has novelty but it still was too much normalization. On top of that, the big climax of Flair being a "stupid little man" was so bad. This type of stuff doesnt make them feel special. On top of that the content was not great, Hogan's complaining of the belt weight, the awkward exchange between Hogan & Nash over Hogan's catchphrase was so weird.