Pro Wrestling Only

Former WWE Writer's Blog

Strummer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fan of the Usos and think they have tons of potential. I thought that their gimmick had legs and the potential to be way more relevant and realistic than the typical gimmick. This wasn't Samoan Gangster Party or PHATU. For a lot of young people hip hop is a mindset, a way of life, and you can be educated and well dressed and still be hip hop. You can be black, white, asian, samoan, european or whatever and be hip hop. It's a shame that after that initial promo they've completely ignored development of the character.

Husky is 23 and has only been wrestling for a couple years. I believe he trained with Harley Race and then went straight to FCW. He couldn't have wrestled on more than a handful of shows before developmental. He was in FCW for a year before doing NXT, and he's only been on the road for a couple of months now. How great can he realistically be expected to be with so little experience?

• 2 weeks later...