Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-02-08-USWA-TV] Eric Embry/Dirty White Boy feud recap

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

They recap recent events in the Embry/Anthony feud. The MSC footage was shown earlier, but the second clip last week in the studio of Anthony being handcuffed tot he ring ropes while Embry whips Kimberly with a belt and strips her down is new. The next clip is of a mixed tag strap match from MSC. Finally, we wrap up with Embry talking about their upcoming Tennessee Street Fight. Hot feud.

One of my favorite feuds in USWA at the time. White Boy was a much better face than heel I thought. The stripping angle got a lot of heat on the promotion I remember. Meltzer really didn't like it.

Meltzer actually refers to the 1st February show as the "Attempted Murder and Attempted Rape Hour" (this being the show where Embry strips down Kimberly leaving her in her bra). I guess he foresaw what was still to come from Embry in the upcoming weeks...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I've said it before but Embry is one of the biggest trashbag heels I've seen. They replay clips of the strapping at MSC that we saw earlier, along with DWG getting stripped and whipped before the faces do some of their own whipping back at the Mid South. Interesting to contrast DWB as a heel in SMW vs. as a face here. Never would've imagined he'd be so much more effective as a babyface.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

It's bad enough that we got to see the Embry whipping again in all its "glory", but then to have Kim stripped and whipped in the studio? I don't care how good the matches and promos are, that makes the whole feud a fail in my book, especially when you consider that Papa's already lost half of his territory because of a similar angle. When is enough enough, for heaven's sake? Is he trying to kill Memphis too? How in the hell has he not been severely reprimanded by WMC for allowing stuff like this to go on in the studio? The MSC footage is bad enough, but there's nothing they can really do about it. At the very least, I would have warned Papa that the next time he does something like that on my property, my weatherman (Dave) is going to be pulled off of his program for a month. Let's see how he does without his play-by-play guy; Corey's decent at this time, but he's not Dave by a damn sight.

It's really hard for me to comment on any other aspect of this. I'm about ready for Tony to head to Knoxville and hook up with Ron Wright. As for Embry, I'm not really sure I care at this point.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1992-02-08-USWA-TV] Eric Embry/Dirty White Boy feud recap