Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-05-09-USWA-TV] Interview: Eric Embry / Interview: Richard Lee

Loss

• 1 month later...

Embry does an awesome promo with his back to the camera, saying he is about to be released from the hospital and he can't wait to get revenge. Richard Lee laughs at the taped promo and is being interviewed in the studio. Lee is pretty obnoxious here, and I mean that in the best way possible.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Great promo from Embry, who's due to be released in the morning. As good as Embry is as a heel, I still like him even more as a babyface.

Richard Lee rebuts with his strongest promo to date, with words for Eric Embry, the team of Jarrett & Lawler, and Charlie Trapper, who's so fat he has to turn sideways to knock on a door. It's Lee vs. Trapper in a boxing match this Monday--Worst Match of the Year candidate? Possibly!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Embry's greatness was expected, and I loved him turning his back to the camera and running down the list of all the guys the Dogs have driven out of town so far. What I didn't expect was Lee's best promo ever. He's not only easily understood, which has been a problem for him in recent weeks, but his arrogance and obnoxiousness comes across a million times better when he keeps calm. It's hard to compare this one promo to the best years of Jimmy Hart in Memphis, but this is the kind of promo that made the Mouth a legend long before he ever picked up a megaphone. Let's see what it does for Lee.

Nice mention by Richard of Lawler winning back the Unified title, the better to set up the next round of Gilbert/Lawler, which is right around the corner if the match listings are right

I wish we had footage of the boxing match between Richard and Charlie Trapper so we can see for ourselves if it's as bad as it sounds like it should be. Was Trapper already so pitiful as a wrestler that they decided to put him in boxing matches in order to get something out of him?

• GSR changed the title to [1992-05-09-USWA-TV] Interview: Eric Embry / Interview: Richard Lee
  • 1 year later...