Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-07-04-UWA] Doug Furnas & Dan Kroffat vs Silver King & El Texano

Loss

• 1 month later...

The Can-Ams are in masks! I didn't expect that. Furnas and Kroffat seem to be trying really hard to not work stiff. Not really a great match, but lots of good exchanges. Anti-climatic finish, and while the action was good, it never really felt like a match.

• 1 month later...

It was good but I was expecting a lot more based on rep of both teams, and footage I've seen of both teams. I thought the final fall was really fun, though the actual finish was blah. Their were some neat stuff between the teams.Anyone know where El Texano started bleeding.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm the way-high guy on this--I really thought this was awesome and that the Can-Ams did a fine job of adapting to the different style. It was spotty, but I think I'm showing a pattern of being fine with spotty tag matches if said spots hit. These are probably the two best tag teams of 1992 and while that doesn't equate to a MOTYC, it didn't leave me disappointed either.

• 8 months later...

Despite both teams being two of the best in the business at the time, this just didn't click the way I'd hoped. The Can Ams didn't seem comfortable working lucha style, and looked a bit reserved as a result. They really should have just cut loose, like they did in All Japan, and really went all out to be dick heels, but it just wasn't meant to be. This isn't bad in the least, but it fell short of expectations.

• 1 year later...

Thanks to the Can-Ams wearing masks, I had no idea how to tell either team apart, and by the third fall I didn't care; I was busy wishing this was Rock 'n' Roll-MX, or Demos-Brain Busters, or anything else that wasn't this match.

For one of the best teams in the world, Texano and Silver King aren't leaving an impression; I must have seen ten matches with them involved by now, and if you gave me a million dollars I couldn't tell them apart. In my private commentary, they're still Mexican #1 and Mexican #2. It's like watching a pair of nameless, faceless jobbers who are only in the ring to take a beating.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-07-04-UWA] Doug Furnas & Dan Kroffat vs Silver King & El Texano
  • 1 year later...