Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-07-04-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler & Jeff Jarrett

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just said this with the early show segment, but they seem to be setting us up for a fall here. Still, the Moondogs simply regaining the belts isn't going to be enough to re-ignite this feud to the heights it reached in the spring--they need a big twist of some sort. Eric Embry is gone now and I don't think he'll ever be back as his car wreck comes in October, and the promotion misses him badly.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

"Eons worse"? Come on, Mike, that's unfair. Jeff's naturally going to suffer compared to Lawler on the mic, but to make out like he's totally clueless is just wrong. If you want clueless, head across the state and check out Brian Lee in SMW.

Speaking of people named Lee, Richard getting his head shaved isn't bad, but we really need things to start happening to the Dogs themselves. Maybe a "loser of the fall gets his head shaved", which would allow them to shave Spotty or Spike. This feud's beyond the "let's get our kicks by humiliating the manager" stage. In fact, it should probably be getting close to loser leave town time.

I liked Lawler talking about how it felt to get his head shaved. Of course, he got away with a crewcut, not a total shaving, but I'm sure it was just as humiliating to him either way, especially since Rich, Idol and Heyman followed it up by trying to castrate him with the ringpost.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-07-04-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler & Jeff Jarrett
  • 1 year later...