Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The Omni hype was a financial imperative, since TBS was also the local Atlanta affiliate for WCW in addition to being the national cable outlet. There was no such thing as a separate local feed at the time, so the national audience just had to lump it.

If I have a problem with something about the Arn match, it's the fact that it's non-title. After all that hype on TV, a non-title match is the best they can do? They could have given literally anyone, right down to Tommy Angel, a non-title match. If Arn ever got a crack at the World title, it had to be during Ronnie Garvin's reign back in '87, and I'm not even sure about that. What a damn shame.

As for Sting's promo, why would it not talk people into the building? What's your definition of a promo that talks people into the building, Shoe? And the live gate wasn't the important thing anyway, the buyrate was. They may have wanted a sellout crowd, but that could live without one if the buyrate turned out to be high enough. Regardless, I thought Sting was just fine here.

When was Vader's first bout with Sting? JR calls this a rematch.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-07-04-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Sting
  • 1 year later...