Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-07-11-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Tom Prichard

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure what the set-up here is. Prichard is still "gone" from the USWA, he's challenging for Christopher's Southern title, and yet he's got a belt with him. And it's not an SMW tag title. Still, the promo is good and the set-up acknowledging Christopher's adventures with the homeless guy even better.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Great promo, but the belt thing's got me intrigued. It's not the Southern belt, which Brian still has, but if it's not one of the SMW tag belts, then what belt is it? It looks too good to be a belt from a promotion smaller than SMW.

I still think they wasted an opportunity when they didn't have Dr. Tom's two "careers" intersect at least briefly. Maybe Corny was too busy to go over to Memphis, but Brian could have come to Knoxville for a few dates instead and played babyface for the SMW crowd as a part of his continuing development. It's not like they needed the Southern title to headline every single card, with Jeff/Lawler-Moondogs still hot and Eddie finally having a Unified title run.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-07-11-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Tom Prichard
  • 1 year later...