[1992-08-29-USWA-TV] Interview: Eddie Gilbert

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I didn't know that Embry had a title series against Eddie before he got hurt. Why didn't they book it at the MSC? (Eddie mentions "other cities", which I take to mean other places in the loop.)

Most of the rest of the challengers he named weren't a surprise (although Adams was intriguing); every face not named Lawler or Jarrett has had their time against Eddie by now, and all of them have come up short, which means that it's about time for Lawler to stop messing with the tag titles and reclaim what we all know is his. But first, we get a challenge from the Dirty White Boy, who's acknowledged as SMW champion. Does this mean that Ron Wright gets to come with him to Memphis, wheelchair and all? No offense to Kim, but I'd rather see Ron in Tony's corner, if only to see how the Memphis fans react to Ron's sick old man in a wheelchair bit.

I've also got fantasies of Eddie coming out of this as SMW champion, although I know it didn't happen in real life. I wonder how Corny would have used him, and how SMW's history might have been different as a result.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-08-29-USWA-TV] Interview: Eddie Gilbert
  • 2 years later...