Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-09-05-USWA-TV] Tommy Rich vs Bill Dundee (Cage)

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

The only notable part of this was that Landell attacked Dundee. Most Memphis fans remember the two of them making Lawler's life miserable in the summer of '86. At one point, they got so obnoxious that Lance and Dave refused to call their matches or interview them, so they took over the TV for at least a week. I know there was some kind of payoff to that, but I forget what it was at the moment. Anyway, I wonder if Buddy will mention it on interviews going forward.

Neighbors getting knocked out was typical Memphis, and I'm used to it. But over two minutes with no hint of a save from any of the faces was a little too long. I'm guessing that Lawler and Jeff were too involved in their own stuff to worry much about Dundee, and I can't think of who else would have made the save for him.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-09-05-USWA-TV] Tommy Rich vs Bill Dundee (Cage)
  • 2 years later...

Typical mid-feud heel win in Memphis really.  They carry it off well enough, but sometimes I think it would be better just to skip to the blowoff match with knowledge of how the heel won in the middle rather than watch all of the screwy endings.