Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Flair's back to screaming, unfortunately. And who the hell gave Hall the "We don't need no stinking belts" line? Talk about so obvious it's cringeworthy. We know your character is Hispanic, Scott. You don't need to prove it to us that way.

Vince talking about Curt being so confident of victory that he didn't leave the booth is, of course, poppycock. He wasn't there because commentators still don't travel (and neither, apparently, do executive consultants). This may be an obscure pet peeve, but things like that which call attention to the commentary not being live really frost me.

I like how Curt denied Flair's inner-ear problem after Vince brought it up. I thought that injury was too "inside baseball" to be mentioned on TV, but even if Vince made it that way, he can certainly change his mind if he wants to.

Knowing that this match never came off makes these promos a bit of a waste of time to watch, if you want the truth. Still, they call attention to how abrupt and surprising Curt's turn was. There hasn't been even a hint of it so far.

Whoever the interviewer was (and he was filling in for Okerlund, not Mooney), it's safe to say he flunked his audition, since I don't remember him even in passing. Lord Alfred filled in for Gene on Update the previous week as well. I wonder if this had something to do with his (Gene's) liver problems.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-10-31-WWF-Superstars] Interview: Ric Flair & Razor Ramon
  • 5 months later...

Yeah, this didn't do much for me. Flair screams and Razor slows it down and together they don't come off as anything more than a curiosity of a team. Impressive that Razor was able to have his character be distinct and fully formed right out of the gate though. He probably felt over-pushed at the time, but he's much more acceptable than Nailz and Kamala in the main event heel role.

• 3 weeks later...