Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-01-01-WWF-Superstars] Interview: Razor Ramon

Loss

• 1 month later...

Razor's gold chains are missing and he's pissed off! IRS stole it. It's a shame Repo Man wasn't around to act as a middleman. Well, maybe shame is putting is strongly. Pretty typical Razor promo, with him speaking at a terribly slow pace. 1994 WWF is a weird beast, where feuds around the IRS repossessing jewelry from cocaine dealers cast the drug dealer as wronged and out for revenge. Vince must have been on a libertarian kick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I always liked the Arena interview set up. This must have been the last year WWF was doing these. IRS got a pretty good haul with Razor's gold chains, Undertaker's Urn and Tatanka's headdress.

LMFAO. My uncle worked for the IRS and used to audit people. Just thinking of him going back to his bosses and presenting them with Razor's gold chains, Undertaker's urn and Tatanka's headdress makes me chuckle.

"Well sir, I wasn't able to find anything in the audits, but look at all this other cool shit I got!"

• 1 year later...

Will is a clever little sod, having my '94 Yearbook arrive the same day I wrapped up my final thoughts on '93.

Razor's gold turned up missing while he was getting laid out by Shawn Michaels on Raw, and an enterprising cameraman found it in IRS' briefcase. Razor makes threats towards the Tax Mang.

• 3 years later...

So let me get this straight: Hall's angrier about Rotundo stealing his jewelry than he is about Shawn trying to cripple him with his own finisher? I understand that they wanted the final confrontation between Shawn and Hall to come at Mania and needed an interim challenger for the Rumble, but they could have done a hell of a lot more to tie Shawn and Rotundo together. How I'm not sure, since it would be hard to figure out why Shawn would want to use a "government official" to steal Hall's jewelry, but that's why there are such things as bookers. Besides, who has Mike beaten as a singles wrestler to earn an IC title shot? The last time he was relevant was a few months earlier, when Money Inc. and the Steiners were going round and round over the tag belts.

Nice to see Ray as a regular interviewer. I'm guessing Pettengill was either too green to take on the road to the regular tapings or had no interest in working outside of Stamford except at pay-per-views.

I've grown used to the Razor character's speech patterns, but does Hall have to keep his toothpick in his mouth while he's talking? One inhale at the wrong time and we have another Fran Crowley from ​Mama's Family ​on our hands. (For those who didn't watch the show, Fran was the sister of the main character, Thelma Harper. When Rue McClanahan, the actress who played Fran, became unavailable, the producers decided to have the character choke to death on a toothpick.)

• GSR changed the title to [1994-01-01-WWF-Superstars] Interview: Razor Ramon