Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-03-05-SMW-TV] Tracy Smothers vs Tom Prichard

Loss

• 1 month later...

Only a five-minute TV match, but wow, do they make the most of it. Pritchard's offense looks great, and in general, he looks better than I've ever seen him look. He also lights Smothers up with chops. The match is really a backdrop to hype the Rock & Rolls/Bodies match at Bluegrass Brawl (both in the R&Rs being at ringside and that being the commentary focus), but it's a really fun backdrop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dr. Tom is winning me over slowly but surely as I agree with Loss that he looked great here. Tracy was bumping all over the place also. I loved how Del Ray reached for his back when Tracy hit a move on Tom's back. The ending was a nice touch of getting one over on the heels but I hope we do get one more heel beatdown before the blowoff. Overall this was a great episode of Smokey Mountain TV.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Jimmy Del Ray comes to ringside to support Prichard which leads to the Rock & Roll Express coming out to be in Tracey’s corner. Smothers climbs the ropes ready for the jawjacker and Cornette gets up on the apron. Mark Curtis and the Rock & Rolls go over to try and get him down, but the distraction allows Del Ray to push Smothers off the turnbuckle to the canvas. Curtis sensing Del Ray was up to something goes over to have words with him. Prichard sets up a DDT, but with Curtis distracted, the Rock & Rolls enter the ring and hit the double dropkick and Smothers covers the Doctor for the win.

Decent match, but like a lot of these television main events it's just background for an angle or to further things for one of the major house shows.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-03-05-SMW-TV] Tracy Smothers vs Tom Prichard