Pro Wrestling Only

Loss

• 1 month later...

Last few minutes. I love Samu and Fatu as babyfaces. Samu getting hung in the ropes is always a wild spot. Why did Samu end up getting replaced by the Barbarian anyway? They put together a pretty elaborate sequence of events to lead the finish. The Headshrinkers win the tag titles. Big pop for the title change.

The end of the Quebecers, sadly. I didn't care for the HeadShrinkers as faces, I though Lou Albano made them look goofy. It's also the beginning of the tag title becoming less important than ever at this time. The Shrinkers had one title match against a makeshift tag team, then lost on a house-show to Shawn & Diesel, then it got vacated... This period really struck me at the time as the beginning of the end for the tag titles.

At the time, I thought Headshrinkers winning was cool and it gets a good crowd reaction to the title change. But they never really went anywhere with them as champions with losing the titles on a house show. Beginning of this year had some good WWF tag teams and things just pretty much fall apart rest of the year. Too bad.

Fireworks in that small building looked kind of weird. I am still taken aback at the arenas used for Raw in those days. Nice moment for headshrinkers but the WWF tag division does look like it has went to shit and now doesn't have a good heel anchor in the Quebecers.

• 1 year later...

Agreed with Jerome and the others, this is pretty much the last "traditional" WWF tag title reign, at least for a long while. After this, it was makeshift teams with singles guys and overly gimmicky teams trading the belts with no real reigns of consequence. The action here is decent enough and there's a huge pop for the Headshrinkers' victory.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-05-02-WWF-Raw] Headshrinkers vs The Quebecers