Pro Wrestling Only

Scummiest Looking Wrestlers

Dylan Waco

Was thinking about this after the brief discussion on Buck Robley in the HHH thread. We talked about Buck there but here are others guys that come to mind:

Chris Colt - I actually just finished reading his bio in the Greg Oliver Heels Hall of Fame book (aside: great book, but totally absurd that Buddy Rose is not listed in the book and guys like Colt are) and he was a far more interesting guy than he is given credit for. I love him in the Portland footage as this total scuzzbag, grimey, street punk getting in fights with grandma. He literally looks and works like an LA hustler who would have been hanging out with Darby Crash turning tricks for dope money. Sadly that may have not been that far from the truth if you believe some of the stuff written on the guy. Still he's one of my favorite random guys around.

Bobby Bass - The highlight of Maritimes wrestling and a guy I would seriously watch anything from if it popped up. Total trash bag looking motherfucker. Basically has the feel of a redneck bastard, who stumbled out of his big rig to work a match in between meth fueled coast-to-coast trips. Has this faded as fuck ring gear, had the best nickname ever (No Class, Bobby Bass), and was always good for some horribly douchey schtick like waiving an American flag in Sunny War Cloud's face (which was way more over the top than I make it sound there). Chris Colt comes across like someone who would have played with GG Allin in the Murder Junkies, Bobby Bass comes across like his dad.

Hack Myers - Maybe my all time favorite look in wrestling. His gear looked like some bizarre pajama/trunks hybrid and even at a young age he looked like he was in his 60's. Always looked to me like a guy who walked off the set of 8mm, and the "Last House on The Left" billing just added to that.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy Del Ray, with the caveat that he is disappointingly non-creepy when he goes clean-shaven or full-bearded. When he's rocking just the mustache, though, he looks like total white trash. He has this way of keeping his mouth open that somehow accentuates the look. I could definitely see him trying to lure little girls into his trailer or something. He swiveled his hips, too, just in case his creepiness was too subtle for some.

Billy Black

4B looked scummy but his dad Bill White looked even scummier in the early 80's.

Also I submit Colonel Buckley Christopher George Robley III for the list.

If you think Robley looked scummy in the "DON'T CALL ME YELLOW" shirt, you should check out should late period Southwest from when there were like 10 guys on the roster and he wore an Assassins style black bodysuit for no apparent reason.

Also:

Bonus points for Gary Young when he botched dying his hair and it turned magenta.

Doug Gilbert. Who also randomly wore an Assassins type bodysuit during his '88 Memphis run.

How am I the first person to mention Chris Hamrick? Especially early ECW gold pants and bowtie Chris Hamrick.

Man there are clips of Gilbert v. Lawler match from last year at the same place that ran the Lawler six-man I talked about in the MOTYC thread. Anyhow Doug looks SO fucking fucked there.

Hamrick actually looks less scummy now than he did then, which is saying something since he now rocks the vinyl/garbage bag gear.

I feel like we are missing some obvious ones

Oh, duh:

Randy Rose. Especially when he teamed with Doug Somers in All-South.

Hangman Bobby Jaggers was kind of horrifying.

Tex Slazenger and Shanghai Pierce.

Ronnie P. Gossett.

Dr. Ken Ramey was sort of a classy type of scummy looking. The dude who worked Carolina indies as fake Ken Ramey a decade ago, too.

George South, especially heeling for Jesus.

Norvell Austin, especially in the PYTs.

Tony Rumble looked like a sex offender even if he was probably a decent guy.

Buck Zumhoffe looked like and WAS a sex offender.