Pro Wrestling Only

Ring of Honor Wrestling

Coffey

On 5/21/2024 at 3:20 PM, Migs said:

I would add there's a lot of great stuff in 2016-2018 if you enjoy the Bullet Club guys. Everything tumbles off a cliff dramatically in 2019. 

Thanks for mentioning this because I was looking through my DVDs kinda scratching my head like, "why did I get some of these?"

I now remember really enjoying the Bucks & Cody six man matches that they'd show on TV quite a bit so I think I probably made some purchases with that feeling in mind.

Anyone out there have an opinion on the HDNet years? I was able to pick up a few of the Best of ROH on HDNet compilations. Any show recommendations?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I checked out Death Before Dishonor on a delay this morning (watching Rampage with my father takes priority on Friday nights). It was honestly a pretty good show, overall. The only real black mark on it was the six-way TV Title match. It was a complete trainwreck, which makes me wonder if Atlantis Jr. just isn't very good, to have a real match with any of them, or if TK just wanted to get as many dudes on the show as possible to justify their employment.

the Leyla/Diamante Texas Deathmatch was a really amazing bloody hardcore brawl. They went all out, I loved it.

Meltzer's take:

"Probably one of the 2-3 best AEW Women's matches that I've ever seen. Certainly among the best American women's matches this year, maybe the best. It was just an awesome, awesome match."

On 7/27/2024 at 7:31 PM, Blehschmidt said:

Taking the title off of Billie Starkz this quickly has to be to build her as Athena's opponent for Final Battle again, right? 

Otherwise, what's the point?

That would make a great company slogan for Tony Khan’s iteration of ROH.

“Ring of Honor: What’s The Point?”

On 7/29/2024 at 10:15 PM, Alucard said:

the Leyla/Diamante Texas Deathmatch was a really amazing bloody hardcore brawl. They went all out, I loved it.

Meltzer's take:

"Probably one of the 2-3 best AEW Women's matches that I've ever seen. Certainly among the best American women's matches this year, maybe the best. It was just an awesome, awesome match."

Full agreement here. That moonsault at the end was awesome, especially coming off a ladder like it did. 

Kommander/Beast was a really awesome showcase too. That rope walking dive was beautiful.