Pro Wrestling Only

1990 hype!

Loss

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first yearbook that's come out where I actually sat and looked at the listing semi-properly

Jerry Lawler vs. Bill Dundee (JIP) (USWA TX 2/23/90)

Jerry Lawler vs. The Destroyer (USWA 2/24/90)

Atlantis, Villano III & El Satanico vs. Pirata Morgan, Jerry Estrada & Emilio Charles Jr (EMLL 3/16/90)

Jerry Lawler vs. Kerry Von Erich (Tri-State 3/31/90)

Jerry Lawler vs. Bill Dundee (USWA TX 6/1/90)

Kerry Von Erich vs. Matt Borne (Cage Match) (USWA TX 6/1/90)

Perro Aguayo, Ringo Mendoza & Lizmark vs. El Satanico, Sangre Chicana & Ken Timbs (EMLL 6/8/90)

Espectrito & Piratita Morgan vs. Mascarita Sagrada & Aguilita Solitaria (EMLL 6/22/90)

Zeus vs. Abdullah the Butcher (WWC 7/7/90)

Cowabunga vignette (USWA 7/21/90)

Cowabunga Interview (USWA 8/11/90)

Eddie Gilbert vs. Cowabunga (USWA 8/25/90)

Cowabunga Interview (USWA 9/1/90)

Rayo de Jalisco vs. Cien Caras (Mask vs. Mask) (EMLL 9/21/90)

Steve Williams vs. Davey Meltzer (Abrams UWF TV 10/8/90)

The Rockers playing video games (Superstars 12/22/90)

Nick Bockwinkel vs. Masa Saito (NJPW 12/26/90)

and holy fuckballs @ these.

I'm still juggling whether to get this or '94 first. Any idea which one you guys got planned next?

And congrats to Will and wife for the new little helmet. :)

I placed my order right away, and I'm really excited for this. 1990 was the first year I started watching wrestling as a kid, but I only watched WWF that year for the most part (I think I caught a couple of episodes of USWA on ESPN, and I watched part of the September Clash on TBS, because I was flipping through the channels and saw Terry Taylor and thought, "Hey, it's the Red Rooster, but with normal hair!") so this will be stuff that is mostly new to me, and the WWF things on there will be stuff I haven't seen in 22 years. I'm going into this with mostly a blank slate and I'm really looking forward to checking this stuff out.

Took a closer look at the match selection. First yearbook to not have either SMW or ECW on it. Interesting to see what will be included besides the regular big promotions. Seen no Abrams UWF so that will be new for me. Very little shoot wrestling. USWA seems to be well represented. What is the difference between USWA and USWA TX? Was that the old WCCW promotion?

Yes, in 1990, the USWA was essentially two promotions. You had the USWA as you know it running out of Memphis. Then, there was the USWA running out of Dallas. The booking didn't overlap at all, but some of the wrestlers worked both places.

There is a season set out there for 1990 USWA, but ...

Well, this is probably better to link to than explaining it again.

Yes, in 1990, the USWA was essentially two promotions. You had the USWA as you know it running out of Memphis. Then, there was the USWA running out of Dallas. The booking didn't overlap at all, but some of the wrestlers worked both places.

There is a season set out there for 1990 USWA, but ...

Well, this is probably better to link to than explaining it again.

I don't have access to that fancy portion of the site. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...