Pro Wrestling Only

1990 hype!

Loss

Hey bud, there was a delay in getting some footage and the school year began and it has kicked my ass. Loss and I did a 1990 hype show on Johnny Sorrow's podcast and I will be working furiously the next couple of weeks to get the match list released. My wife is curently pregnant and the doctor will induce labor no later than Oct. 1st if the baby doesn't pop out before then. That may slow down things if the baby comes early but it will be out soon!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but in 1990 or so some promotion from France or somewhere started up on Satellite with Tony St. Clair, Danny Boy Collins and the like emanating from France. The champion was Flesh Gorden, and even as a 6 year old I knew he was booking the fucker.

Man, I remember that show ! Oh man, that Flesh Gordon guy was pretty bad (just the name screams 5th rate). I remember the Equalizer (Evad Sullivan) on that show too, along with Carlos Plata. I don't think more than 3 or 4 episodes were shown on TV.

Hey bud, there was a delay in getting some footage and the school year began and it has kicked my ass. Loss and I did a 1990 hype show on Johnny Sorrow's podcast and I will be working furiously the next couple of weeks to get the match list released. My wife is curently pregnant and the doctor will induce labor no later than Oct. 1st if the baby doesn't pop out before then. That may slow down things if the baby comes early but it will be out soon!!!

Congrats Will i'm expecting a baby next month as well, about to go find that podcast now

Congratulations to you both. I became a father in March. It's awesome :)

The WHATAMANOOVER show with Will and Loss joining Bryan, Matt, and me is up now at http://www.tnt-radio.net/archive/610-whata...l-difficulties/

"It’s one of those rare occasions where the software doesn’t want to play ball, so Producer Matt has to scream at his PC. Play along with a WHATAMANOOVER! drinking game. Drink every time Goodhelmet Will says fuck. Even if it’s not a live fuck…"

I'm getting really pumped for this--this will be my first yearbook purchase and then I intend to view them in order.

The hype for the 1990 USWA Texas stuff was the clincher for me, and I'm wondering if one of my most vivid non-Big 3 wrestling memories as a child is on this set: a title match (of some sort) between challenger Jeff Jarrett and a heel Jerry Lawler (with Ronnie P. Gossett in his corner). Lawler uses a chain--cliched now, but new to me at the time--and Jarrett snatches it and levels Lawler with it for the apparent pin before getting caught by the referee when he raises his hand with the chain still wrapped around it. As the fans start to exhort the ref to re-reverse the decision, a million heels all jump Jarrett and Marc Lowrance is screaming for help over the house mic. It all sounds so basic but this was the first time I'd seen Jerry Lawler or Jarrett after only knowing them as names in Apter mags, and this was the first time I'd seen something non-WWF, NWA, or JCP and thought, "Holy shit, this is pretty awesome."

Pretty sure this was part of a Legends of World Class ESPN show, because after this match a preview for next week had my OTHER vivid non-Big 3 childhood wrestling memory: Terry Gordy piledriving Kevin Von Erich and sitting on the mat guffawing over Kevin's fate, in a match that I was heartened to see again on the Texas set.

So maybe this match is from '89. But it's not something I've ever seen come up again on Youtube or even in match listings that I've looked around for. But it would be a fucking revelation if it turned out to be on this set.

EDIT: It's not a dealbreaker if it's not on, but it definitely will be #thatshardtimes-worthy.

Loved the hype show for the 90 yearbook as well as the previous one Will did for the 96 yearbook. I wish you guys would do podcasts for the other yearbooks as it helps explain certain things and makes the watching process a lot more enjoyable. Also hearing about all the different storylines and plots is real cool

Loved the hype show for the 90 yearbook as well as the previous one Will did for the 96 yearbook. I wish you guys would do podcasts for the other yearbooks as it helps explain certain things and makes the watching process a lot more enjoyable. Also hearing about all the different storylines and plots is real cool

Awesome, glad you enjoyed it. I had a lot of fun doing it as well. I'd like to eventually do one for each of them.

Awesome, glad you enjoyed it. I had a lot of fun doing it as well. I'd like to eventually do one for each of them.

And you're booked on WHATAMANOOVER! whenever you guys want. B)