Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-06-08-EMLL] Perro Aguayo & Ringo Mendoza & Lizmark vs El Satanico & Sangre Chicana & Ken Timbs

Loss

• 1 month later...

So much of 1990 EMLL has been a showcase of the best matches. I felt like we should also show the main event scene at the time, great match or not, and this involves Ken Timbs, so it's hard to go too wrong. It's not at the level of the best EMLL matches so far, but it is still a really fun match with tons of fire and personality. Perro being as over as he was is one of those things I'll never quite get, but it worked. Satanico looks fantastic and is the workhorse of this match. The Timbs turn is excellent, as he trips Lizmark coming off the top rope and then attacks Satanico as well. I was wondering why they were teaming when Satanico has been such a crowd favorite in 1990, so that explains that.

Fun little match as Fabuloso Blondy is probably the scuzziest wrestler in history, but for a guy who looks as unbelievably out of shape as he does he's quite the fun little bump machine. The third fall goes completely off the rails as Blondy crotches Lizmark on the turnbuckle and he lands on his head, which is sold huge and gets Satanico pissed off at him. Blondy turns on Satanico, then Mendoza turns on Aguayo (or vice versa), then Chicana makes the save for...Christ, now I don't even know who the technicos were coming in. Fun organized chaos regardless, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice glimpse into the main event scene but I couldn't get into the match that much. I enjoyed seeing Timbs and Satanico was good although I think so far into the year I am lower on him than most. The other guys are pretty much the definition of indifference in my book. Highlight to me was how Satanico reacted to Lizmark injury and the out of control brawl that results from that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Didn’t like this as much as some of the recent lucha matches. Lizmark gets tripped up when climbing to the top rope and lands on his neck. He’s pretty much KO’d at this point. Then it gets kind of confusing with everyone fighting. Looks like there was no clear winner for the third fall.

• 10 months later...

I liked how Timbs croching Lizmark and dumping him on his head/neck is a catalyst for chaos. Satanico turns on Timbs for being a dick. Perro is being a dick caring more about Timbs and Satanico brawling, so Mendoza turns on him. And then Chicana turns on Timbs because, once again, Ken Timbs is a dick. The match was mostly pedestrian but the third fall and resulting chaos was fun.

• 1 year later...

This match is all about the third fall, which features one guy taking a suicidal bump and four other guys all turning on each other because of it. Three turns occur in less than five minutes, but somehow it doesn't feel like hotshottting, even if it's more than a tad confusing. The only one who stays out of the mess is Sangre Chicana, and I like his little piece at the end as the refs are tending to Lizmark; you can see him throw his hands up toward the ring as if to say, "Hello, this man just got killed over here, and you jerks could care less! What the hell's the matter with you?" (Come to think of it, Chicana was a rudo here, so that would actually make four turns, wouldn't it?)

There were more American-style brawling spots here than are usually found in a lucha bout, so it was a bit easier for me to follow, even with all the turns.

Loved Timbs waving the American flag at the start, and also the glove he was wearing at one point, which might have been made of that flag. He does the obnoxious foreigner from a neighboring country bit better than Dino Bravo, that's for sure.

As I said, not your typical lucha match, but it was a treat for me. Hopefully, there are more like it as we go along.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

I really enjoyed the third fall. The multiple turns based on reactions to the injury and resulting events were really well done. And Satanico was incredible in this match for sure. Sangre continually running away from Perro was pretty fun too.

• GSR changed the title to [1990-06-08-EMLL] Perro Aguayo & Ringo Mendoza & Lizmark vs El Satanico & Sangre Chicana & Ken Timbs