Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-05-25-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Jeff Jarrett & Robert Fuller

Loss

• 2 months later...

I'd be surprised if Robert Fuller has ever done a bad interview in his life. He's not as exaggerated as he normally is here, but I like him and Jarrett as a team. The USWA roster has some really strong depth right now, and they have a lot of young guys coming in over the coming months too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This was definitely a crowd-pleaser. I liked Lawler bringing the kid with Down's Syndrome out for some mic time, and the champions are humble but quietly confident, which is a real switch for Fuller. It suits him fine, though. I especially liked him talking about the other states within the Memphis loop; in a feud like this where two distinct areas are squaring off, it's tough to remember that there are fans of the USWA outside of those two states that may not necessarily have a real dog in the fight (though I suspect most of them are pulling for the Tennesseans regardless).

It seems like Jeff and the Stud are taking care of most of the dead weight from the Texas side, which is a good thing. One question: What did Robert mean when he talked about "my Arabs"? I don't recall a Middle Eastern team being a part of the Stud Stable at any time.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-05-25-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Jeff Jarrett & Robert Fuller