Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-06-08-WCW-Saturday Night] Bull Drop Inn: Arn Anderson & Paul E. Dangerously

Loss

• 3 months later...

Arn Anderson is this week's guest. Dusty tries to be cordial, and Arn tells him to drop it and stop avoiding the past issues between them. Dusty asks him if he'd take the opportunity to go for the world title, no matter who was the champ. Dusty is trying to goad Arn into trash talking Flair, and he won't take the bait. He takes off prematurely.

Have no fear though, because Paul E. Dangerously has something to say. He wants to know what the hell Jason Hervey is doing out there, which makes him a babyface in my eyes, as I seriously hate Jason Hervey with every fiber of my being. He teases physically attacking him, but much to my chagrin, Dusty decides to play tough guy.

is Wayne Arnold heat the same thing as X-Pac heat? <_>

Wayne Arnold was a colossal douche and I think Hervey deserves some credit for making him such an unlikeable character. If he would have played Wayne Arnold on WCW TV maybe it would have been better. At the time I couldn't believe he was going out with Missy. I think PWI had a write up about it. Missy was smoking during this time period and would be up till 96

• 2 weeks later...

Why is Hervey actively trying to heel himself during these intros? I honestly think it could work if everyone committed to it, but...actually commit to it, guys. Arn pays grudging respect to Eaton and Dusty, but takes offense when Big Dust asks if he'd target the World Heavyweight title and walks off.

Paul E. comes out to confront Jason Hervey, who disgustingly plays the Chester the Terrier to Dusty's Spike the Bulldog. These really make want to see Hervey play an all-out, duplicitous Eddie Haskell-type heel manager, but since that isn't going to happen and since I never watched and hold no emotional attachment to The Wonder Years, it just makes me want to see Hervey walk into an airplane propeller.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

What a waste. Arn's promo could have been conducted with JR on the ramp, and the rest of this was just trash. I don't know what Dusty could have been thinking allowing Hervey to act like an insufferable pain in the ass, but whatever it was, it's a complete flop. I join the chorus who wanted to see Heyman beat the crap out of Hervey, and I'm glad we don't have to wait much longer to see it.

It's just sad that Dusty chose to get in the middle of slop like this, even peripherally. He should have been a respected pay-per-view and big events commentator and spent the rest of the time in his office taking care of the booking, which is slowly starting to go downhill too. No wonder people were happy to see Kip Frey and Bill Watts by the beginning of '92; Watts had issues and warts of his own, as it turned out, but at least he didn't book a circus every bit as bad as Vince's at its worst.

• 2 years later...

I'm pretty sure Arn left to salvage his dignity more than anything else. Bull Drop Inn may be the most inadvertently accurate title for a bad segment I've ever seen. Jason Hervey really needs to go. Or meet Pete's airplane propeller. I'm leaning more towards the second with each iteration of the segment.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-06-08-WCW-Saturday Night] Bull Drop Inn: Arn Anderson & Paul E. Dangerously