Pro Wrestling Only

Mark Jindrak

Loss

Guest teke184

I'm skeptical right now that Vince is helping out TNA, as they're on the verge of dissolving if they don't get a TV deal soon.

If they get the Spike TV deal and sign some choice people who've been cut (Bubba Ray, D-Von, Spike, Kidman, Akio, Charlie Haas, Matt Hardy, Shannon Moore, and Marty Janetty at the least), they could put together a solid midcard to go with the guys they already have.

It would also mean they'd have the kind of "name" wrestlers they'd need in order to get rid of crappier "name" guys like Kevin Nash and DDP.

They wanted to can DDP after he pitched a fit about jobbing to Monty Brown but they had to keep him for his name value IIRC.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it's to help TNA. I think this is directly related to the fact that they'll be making next to nothing off their tv shows when they move to USA. They'll be getting no ad revenue and a lot less money from the network. I think this is more of a sign that we're heading into some extremely lean years for the WWF.

PWI:

# The Dudley Boyz, Bubba Ray and D?Von Dudley, were released because their contracts were coming up next month and they couldn't agree to money terms with WWE. With domestic house show business being horrible, this is no time to being asking for a raise. The Dudleyz are said to be looking at TNA and Japan as future options.

# Marty Jannetty was released because of a domestic incident that occurred with his significant other. He was subsequently jailed. Well that and that they just didn't know what to do with him.

# Dawn Marie had her contract bought out due to her forthcoming pregnancy. Plus with the Diva Search, WWE is getting the feeling that just about all the divas are expendable. Out with the old, in with the new. It didn't do Dawn Marie any favors that she happens to be 33 years old and aging with each passing year and WWE seems to be looking for hot 20-something's nowadays. Plus, many fans have noted at house shows that she was getting out of shape while observing her during bikini contests, although her pregnancy had to have played a part in her weight gain. Seeing how WWE had no use for an aging, pregnant woman, WWE just decided to let her loose.

"It didn't do Dawn Marie any favors that she happens to be 33 years old and aging with each passing year and WWE seems to be looking for hot 20-something's nowadays"

^ this coming from a company that employed Terri Runnels for 10 years.

Dawn Marie had her contract bought out due to her forthcoming pregnancy.

Maybe its me, but that's fucking cold. "Hey you're pregnant, that's great. Now get the fuck out."

I just hope the last person out the door of Titan Towers remembers to turn the light off.

BTW, my logic behind the "WWE helping TNA" theory is that if TNA somehow manages to land a TV deal and gets decent ratings, then WWE can go to USA and say "see, wrestling's popular again" and maybe get a deal that doesn't fuck them up the ass with a spiked dildo.

As long as they're the only game in town, WWE is going to have horrible TV deals since they don't have any sort of barganing chip.

Guest teke184

BTW, my logic behind the "WWE helping TNA" theory is that if TNA somehow manages to land a TV deal and gets decent ratings, then WWE can go to USA and say "see, wrestling's popular again" and maybe get a deal that doesn't fuck them up the ass with a spiked dildo.

As long as they're the only game in town, WWE is going to have horrible TV deals since they don't have any sort of barganing chip.

WWE had a decent bargaining position with USA until Spike screwed them by publically pulling out of their negotiations.

Once USA was the only bidder, they brought out the spiked dildo at that point.

I'M BACK!!!!

And in more ways than one. First, yes I'm gone from the WWE. Does it sting? Hell, yeah. Especially since I've always been one of their "model" employees. It makes sense that I was released, I don't bitch, moan, groan or suck. I just didn't fit in with what the WWE puts on tv. No, I'm only kidding(but not really). It was my turn and that's the nature of the beast. The WWE is a sinking ship. Cursed by owning 100% of the industry, I can see how they couldn't afford my outrageous salary in these times of number crunching. Hey, they gave me a great opportunity and maybe I didn't make the most of it. That's life. At first I was pissed, but I woke up this morning feeling, I don't know, alive.

Check this out, this morning I woke up and visioned having a wrestling match without a script. I visioned going to an arena and actually having fun again. I visioned not having to go to the hospital after being hurt by a "future" WWE superstar who may look good but have the wrestling ability of a dead walrus. I visioned pitching an angle without having to get approval from writers who 6 years ago were buying ECW tickets and making signs(it's true). Hell, I visioned blading!!! I really don't want to burn bridges(if I haven't already) and all that, but that company sucks the life out of you and then spits you out. Enough on them.

I want to love wresting again. I want to be passionate about the business. It's been so good to me, I want to give back. I don't know how yet, but it will happen.

Right now, I'm going to chill. I've got some time to sit back and re-evaluate life, smell some roses and get my head straight. I doubt you've seen the last of me. And if anything it's a blessing. Nothing sucks worse than working for a company that doesn't respect you. Paul E.(God bless him) proved that to me. Now I don't have to worry about it.

Majik, you f'n rock. Big boost this morning, thank you. I"ll be in touch.

Everyone in Dudlyeville, you all are the best. My many thanks to everyone for the support and love you've shown. Now that I'm on my own I will be back more often, so it's fun time. I can't name everyone but you know who you are. Keep the faith, and if anyone is hiring get in touch.

Thanks guys,

Spike "no more tears" Dudley

Maybe its me, but that's fucking cold.  "Hey you're pregnant, that's great. Now get the fuck out."

I was under the impression that she asked for her release. She didn't want to be on the road and whatnot while she's pregnant. So, she's going to go home and start a family. WWE bought her contract out, so I'm sure she'll be well off. It doesn't seem cold to me at all. I mean, especially when you look at her character. There's not a lot she can do while pregnant. It makes sense.

Guest teke184

Right now, I'm going to chill. I've got some time to sit back and re-evaluate life, smell some roses and get my head straight.

Read: my no-compete clause kicks in for awhile.

From what Raven has said in the past, released guys get the choice of an immediate release or a 90-day No Compete clause complete with severance pay.

If you violate the No Compete, you lose the severance pay. Just ask Buff Bagwell about THAT one, since he lost his by working an MECW show in 2001 after getting canned by the WWE.

Guest Sass

Dawn probably saved her money. IIRC, she got a good contract deal.

The Dudleyz should go to Japan and win the NJ, AJ and NOAH tag team belts and then unite them with the AWA and Zero-1 MAX tag team belts. Then they can go after the Toryumon tag team belts. Little pants jokes aside, they'll join an elite group of wrestlers, the Road Warriors, as being a grand slam tag team by winning all the world's major tag team belts, WWF, WCW & ECW. Send them to England and have them collect the FWA belts. Then, being billed as the greatest tag team of all time, the Dudleyz come into TNA and win those tag team belts. The Dudleyz should show up in TNA with a ton of replica belts that resemble the belts they won in other companies. They're past the point of winning just tag team belts. With the number and variety of belts they've won, they're wrestling demi-Gods.

Scary, huh?

The grand slam gimmick could work.

The Dudleyz will go down in wrestling history as one of the few grand slam tag teams of all time. I had always hoped Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko would get a run with the WWF tag team belts but that never happened. They were just a win away from being a triple crown tag team. No AJ pun intended.

Instead of RVD & Kane, the Dudz should have gotten to face the Roadies on that RAW in '03. They could have used the 3D and the 2D to beat the Roadies since they ripped off the move from the LOD. To be fair, I can't remember any recent match where the Dudz used the 2D. Still, that's the tag team the Roadies should have faced and lost too. It would have been a nice good-bye match for them.

Proving that the company has absolutely no shame, they actually had WWE.com interview Charlie Haas and Jackie Gayda about their release! How fucked up is that? Gayda doesn't plan on having a future in wrestling according to this, but considering that Haas does, she'd be hurting his future chances by refusing to be interviewed. Anyway, here it is.

Gayda and Haas respond to release

By David Agostino

July 7, 2005

It has been a whirlwind summer for Jackie Gayda and Charlie Haas. In fact, June couldn?t have been better for the former SmackDown! Superstars. The new couple was married on June 10 and then enjoyed a beautiful honeymoon in the Antigua, West Indies.

A clearly emotional Gayda, however, was forced to fight back tears as she spoke to WWE.com today about their releases from WWE. ?For myself, I kind of put two and two together seeing all the new girls come in,? said a soft-spoken Gayda. ?You see all these new gorgeous models come in and you wonder what direction they?re going in. It seems like they were getting away from the women wrestling.?

?It?s a shock,? Haas, a three-time WWE Tag Team Champion, said when reached via phone. ?Vince (McMahon) said two weeks ago that some of us would be let go. So we knew it was coming, we just didn?t know who. You wake up one morning and you?re fired. And it?s not just you, but your wife as well. WWE was how we both made a living. I?m just glad they waited until after the wedding.?

Gayda and Haas were among several Superstars let go by WWE, including Billy Kidman, Spike Dudley, Bubba Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley, Shannon Moore, Kenzo Suzuki, Maven, Dawn Marie, Joy Giovanni and Matt Morgan.

?That?s the way the industry is,? Haas said. ?Who knows, maybe in six months we?ll get another look. You never know in this business.?

Haas expects to do some tours in Japan or possibly Italy in the near future. Haas has a college degree and a background in finance, once working on Wall Street, but says he has no plans to trade in his trunks for a suit and tie anytime soon.

?I?m one of the few guys who have that experience and degree to fall back on,? said Haas, who wrestled at Seton Hall. ?But I didn?t come this far to give up now. I had a great, crazy run. I met my wife, I met great friends like Shelton Benjamin, Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit. I couldn?t ask for more.

?This was the first time I?ve been fired from any job and I?ve been working since I was 13,? Haas added. ?But when one door closes another one usually opens. The fans should keep looking for my name.?

Gayda, who is just 23, plans on joining Charlie on some overseas tours, but is leaning toward finishing her degree in broadcast journalism and possibly seeking work in that field in the future.

?I was more shocked for Charlie, he put his heart and soul into the business,? Gayda said. ?This was such a passion for him.?

Gayda was the Tough Enough 2 Champion in 2002, overcoming a painful leg injury to emerge as the winner.

?In some instances I think I got a fair shot, in other ways, I didn?t,? Gayda said. ?I understand WWE is entertainment, but it?s also wrestling, I think women being active and physical can be just as sexy as girls in a bikini. I decided not to do Playboy when I had a chance, maybe that even came back to bite me in the butt.?

Still, Jackie was able to find a true silver lining when reflecting on her WWE experience: Her new husband. In March 2004, Jackie was part of a trade which sent her from RAW to SmackDown! At the time, she was emotionally, professionally and personally drained.

?After the trade, I was in shambles,? Gayda said. ?I had all these friends from RAW and now I was going to a new show. I had just broken up with a longtime boyfriend. It was like I woke up a different person. But then I was able to meet Charlie and I was able to get to know him and travel the world together, I wouldn?t give any of that back. God does things for certain reasons.?