Pro Wrestling Only

Harley Race

BrickHithouse

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a clip floating around somewhere, maybe dvdvr, where Harley teamed up with Akeem and did in fact dance with Akeem and Slick on the way to the ring. 1988 European Tour I think.

Didn't find any video, but from Graham's site:

http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/88.htm

WWF @ Rome, Italy - Palaeur - October 16, 1988

Televised on Tele+2 - included Dan Peterson on commentary:

Don Muraco pinned Barry Horowitz at 4:18 with the tombstone

Greg Valentine defeated Lanny Poffo

Andre the Giant pinned Tito Santana at around the 6-minute mark with an elbow drop; Andre stalled the match for several minutes after the fans wouldn't stop booing him and chanting "Hogan"

Akeem & Harley Race defeated B. Brian Blair & the Junkyard Dog when Akeem pinned Blair with a splash after Race tripped Blair from the outside; prior to the bout, Race danced with Akeem as they made their entrance to the ring

WWF Women's Champion Sensational Sherri defeated Rockin Robin

WWF Tag Team Champions Demolition defeated Davey Boy Smith & the Dynamite Kid at 9:30 when Smash pinned Dynamite after Ax hit Dynamite with a double axe handle as he had an abdominal stretch applied on Smash

Wonder if this show is on dvd? Id like to see the tag main event

• 2 months later...

Thanks to Mad Dog, I have Harley's mailing address and will be writing him a letter soon.

Which, if any of these Harley photos should be sent along for him to sign?

God knows I don't want to piss off Harley, especially since we live fairly close to each other.

Should it be Gifford? Harley Claus? Skyscraper? Something else? Nothing?

Thanks to Mad Dog, I have Harley's mailing address and will be writing him a letter soon.

Which, if any of these Harley photos should be sent along for him to sign?

God knows I don't want to piss off Harley, especially since we live fairly close to each other.

Should it be Gifford? Harley Claus? Skyscraper? Something else? Nothing?

I think the Rockwell one is the classiest.

I am partial to the Slayer one but if you were actually going to give one of them to Race to sign, it has to be the scaffold picture.

Agreed with Will. I admit to being partial to the scaffold one because family has a nice framed large poster of the original, but Harley blends in so well in it.

• 1 month later...