Pro Wrestling Only

TNA Lockdown thread

goodhelmet

I'll be posting results during the show and feel free to leave comments here while the show is going on. Kind of bummed the entire show isn't in a cage but fuck it... free tickets!!!

Here is the line-up for the card...

*Jeff Hardy vs. Bully Ray in a Steel Cage Match for the TNA Title

*Team TNA (Sting & Samoa Joe & James Storm & Magnus & Eric Young) vs. Aces and Eights (Devon & Doc & Knox & Mr. Anderson & Garret Bischoff) in a Lethal Lockdown Match

*Kurt Angle vs. Wes Brisco

*Bobby Roode & Austin Aries vs. Kazarian & Christopher Daniels vs. Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez for the Tag Titles

*Velvet Sky vs. Gail Kim for the Knockout’s Title

*Kenny King vs. Christian York vs. Zema Ion for the X Division Title

*Joseph Park vs. Joey Ryan

*Robbie E vs. Robbie T

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Robbie E vs. Robbie T

- Bad idea doing a small guy vs. big guy comedy match after the Park match. That match got over with the live crowd. This one didn't. Crowd shit on it and popped when it w over.

I wish Bad Influence/Roode & Aries was a straight tag. Could be a MOTY. Maybe Hernandez will join Aces so they have 1 worker I like.

*Bobby Roode & Austin Aries vs. Kazarian & Christopher Daniels vs. Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez for the Tag Titles

- Really strong match live due to Chavo being insanely over live. The crowd went nuts for the Ten Amigos. I have never seen Hernandez get such a huge reaction when he made the hot tag. Nobody botched anything and they kept me interested through out. Thumbs up live.

Team TNA (Sting & Samoa Joe & James Storm & Magnus & Eric Young) vs. Aces and Eights (Devon & Doc & Knox & Mr. Anderson & Garret Bischoff) in a Lethal Lockdown Match

- This sucked live. No blood. Little violence until Sting brought the garbage. Really boring until the big ending. I thought Aces and Eights were going to win so at least they booked the finish right.

Jeff Hardy vs. Bully Ray in a Steel Cage Match for the TNA Title

- And TNA doesn't let us down. They get the biggest crowd they have ever had in the US and make sure that they will never have that many people here ever again. The match was shit but if one of them would have won clean or relatively clean, most people would have been content. The mood in the building was complete silence whatthefuckery. I have no idea what Bully Ray was telling the Hogans because TNA has horrible audio in the arena.

I have never been to a show where Russo booked the ending but this felt like Russo to the point I think they secretly hired him back. Oh well, I gave it a shot. I even created a new TNA thread to hype myself up. Never again. Thank god the tickets were free.

I actually thought Wes Brisco looked decent in the Angle match. Shitty finish though but that seemed the story of the night with the women's, tag and main event matches all having weak finishes.

The X division match was probably the worst x division match I've seen in the short time I been watching TNA. Sloppy as hell and generally just awful. The tag, Park/Ryan and the lethal lockdown all came across as fun matches on tv. Joseph Parks is just brilliant ain't he? It's hard not to love him. The main event was just weird. Bully should have at least done the 'respectful' babyface thing for a while instead of going straight up baddie from the start. Hardy constantly going for the escape was was proper irritating, for me anyway. Throwing out them two aces and 8s blokes for the sake of SWERVE was a bit daft and the ending fell a bit flat. Bully did look like a proper horrible bastard in the end though so job done I guess. But yeah, very Russo like.

I have no idea what Bully Ray was telling the Hogans because TNA has horrible audio in the arena.

It was actually a pretty good promo, not quite ECW Bubba, but better than he's done in years. He called Hogan and old bastard a few times, and called Brooke a stupid bitch. And bragged that he got one over on the Hogans. We actually heard a small 'stupid bitch' chant on TV. And said he was the president of Aces and Eights.

I wanna know if Will brought a sign that said 'Buy Goodhelmet comps'