Pro Wrestling Only

TNA Lockdown thread

goodhelmet

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrestling company tries to ape one of the biggest angles ever, film at 11.

I mean, at least they're trying to copy good angles now, Russo era TNA was filled with them rehashing every shit 90s WWF storyline. I didn't have a problem with it, people were throwing trash in the ring, so at least it got a reaction. It would have been really embarrassing had they done all that and no one reacted at all. Bully as a babyface trying hard to suck up to Hogan wasn't doing it for me, so anything to get him back heel is OK in my book.

Wrestling company tries to ape one of the biggest angles ever, film at 11.

I mean, at least they're trying to copy good angles now, Russo era TNA was filled with them rehashing every shit 90s WWF storyline. I didn't have a problem with it, people were throwing trash in the ring, so at least it got a reaction. It would have been really embarrassing had they done all that and no one reacted at all. Bully as a babyface trying hard to suck up to Hogan w

Wasn't doing it for me, so anything to get him back heel is OK in my book.

Yup I'm happy with Bully as a heel, & top heel at that. His ppv match with Aries last year was possibly my favorite of the year for TNA.

Bubba Ray Dudley is a world champion in 2013. Fuck me.

I know a load of people say he is improved or whatever, but he is not the guy you want to build your company around, or have as your main guy on top. Just another backwards step - why don't they give one of their home grown guys a decent run with the strap? Ridiculous.

Bubba Ray Dudley is a world champion in 2013. Fuck me.

I know a load of people say he is improved or whatever, but he is not the guy you want to build your company around, or have as your main guy on top. Just another backwards step - why don't they give one of their home grown guys a decent run with the strap? Ridiculous.

Young up and comer AJ Styles seems to be the man who will eventually take Bully out.

Don't they build/push any new talent who aren't ex-WWE? Their roster seems to consist of embarrassing veterans, WWE rejects, Styles/Daniels and a handful of ROH guys who ceased to be exciting years ago.

For a company who wants to be new, fresh and exciting they do a great job of being old, derivative and predictable.

I haven't seen much TNA in the past couple of years (and even before that I was hardly a regular watcher), but I caught the last couple of matches. The Lethal Lockdown was really dull, aside for the couple of big spots near the end. So little hate and heat for the big story they've been telling for months. At least the hero celebration afterward felt kind of big.

The Bully Ray swerve and title win was what TNA always seems to do, but the extent that it worked was because Bully Ray was excellent. I loved the sinister look he gave Devon, the cocky embrace, and especially him berating Hulk and Brooke. I assume at some point Brooke reveals she's pregnant, then it's a swerve and she turns against Hulk, then Hulk wins the belt from Bully Ray at Bound For Glory.

Don't they build/push any new talent who aren't ex-WWE? Their roster seems to consist of embarrassing veterans, WWE rejects, Styles/Daniels and a handful of ROH guys who ceased to be exciting years ago.

TNA has a lot of issues but not recognizing/faulting them for the Aries push (you kinda do both there) is petty.

That's one guy in maybe five years. The WWE gets stick for bringing old stars back but they have established far more people than that in the same time period.

Even with Aries, he has been around the block - not exactly a talent who is fresh, exciting, or even particularly charismatic or a good talker. A solid hand, nothing else. Someone like Alex Shelley is at least his equal as an all round worker if they want to push someone as a top star.

Even with Aries, he has been around the block - not exactly a talent who is fresh, exciting, or even particularly charismatic or a good talker. A solid hand, nothing else. Someone like Alex Shelley is at least his equal as an all round worker if they want to push someone as a top star.

What nonsense. Aries is one of the most charismatic guys in the US. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn him face again just because of the reaction he gets in arenas. Bobby Roode is one of their own and he's not far removed from the longest world title reign in their history.

I'm not trying to defend them though, those really are about the only exceptions. Their inferiority complex is quite pathetic.

Aries decimates Shelley as a worker. The gap is massive

Shelley decimates Aries in terms of promos, character, look, versatility. In ring workers like Aries are ten a penny in the indies - you can teach that, but you can't teach charisma like Shelley has.

Jack Evans and Shelley always showed up Aries terribly when Generation Next had segments in ROH, and from the bit of TNA I caught a few months back it doesn't seem that AA has improved dramatically. Aries was wearing a horrible button shirt that made him look even shorter and less threatening than he is, and his promo sounded scripted and unnatural. My friend who watches TNA every week is big on him though, so who knows.

I disagree completely. Shelley may have "charisma", but he never was afraid to indulge into his masturbatory cooperative dance routines. Aries stuff from 04 onward with Danielson, Joe, Nigel, Noble, Punk, etc blows Shelley's cutesy mat work fetish stuff out of the water. Aries has also improved drastically on the mic and as a character since.

For the record I don't hate Shelley and I think he's capable of good stuff when he doesn't "indulge", but Aries never had a low as low as Sabin vs Shelley on TNA PPV.

Aries stuff from 04 onward with Danielson, Joe, Nigel, Noble, Punk, etc blows Shelley's cutesy mat work fetish stuff out of the water.

Aries is better in the ring, no doubt, I wouldn't argue against that. Although I don't think he's a top level in ring worker.

Aries has also improved drastically on the mic and as a character since.

So I'm told. I only saw a couple of shows, which I wasn't impressed by, but maybe he is better if you tune in week on week.

For the record I don't hate Shelley and I think he's capable of good stuff when he doesn't "indulge", but Aries never had a low as low as Sabin vs Shelley on TNA PPV.

Aries is certainly a solid hand, and very consistent. Though I lean towards preferring people who are hit and miss - would take a 9 out of 10 followed by a 3 out of 10 over two straight 6 out of 10s. I think they are more or less level when it comes to the overall package, although personally I'd rather watch Shelley, and think he is a more versatile part of a show. Aries to me is almost a modern day Greg Valentine - doesn't do anything too bad, but void of charisma and fails to capture my imagination.

Since I watched him from about 2003. Terrible look as well, which doesn't help. I just never felt any connection with the guy, was amazed when I found out he was the TNA champion, even if it is one of the more meaningless title belts wrestling has seen.

Might as well agree to disagree, since our opinions are so polar opposite. Can you point me to one fantastic promo this guy has done? One incredible feud? One defining segment? He is a solid hand, nothing more.

Aries made me give a shit about TNA and I'd generally rather inject Herpes directly into my penis than watch more than ten consecutive minutes of their programming. I thought he was arguably the most charismatic guy in all of wrestling last year.

Shelley is what he is. If you are into ironic, LOLOLOL, stuff I guess he's your guy.