Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-02-13-WWF-Raw Thursday] Steve Austin vs Sid

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

Last few minutes. Austin didn't seem quite sure how to work with this guy, but I'm not sure very many people ever really figured this out. Bret runs in and attacks Austin, but Sid takes exception to this and they fight it out. (Booking note: Because Sid didn't get to challenge Shawn, a match has been made for RAW where he'll get the winner in the ring. The end of this segment with Bret and Sid brawling sort of gave the Final Four finish away.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Pretty tepid segment all the way around. Bret's run-in is half-assed, Austin half-assedly walks away afterward which is WAY out of character even at this relatively early stage, and the Sid-Bret brawl isn't much, either. Sort of a fitting conclusion to a desperate mess of a show.

• 1 year later...

I liked the early brawling portion, but this isn't much when they slowed things down. Bret runs in & has a slugfest with Austin. Sid takes exception & then they brawl. Ok segment. It's worth noting Gorilla explains why The Final Four is now for the WWF Title & awards Sid a title shot the next week on RAW to the winner of that match.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-02-13-WWF-Raw Thursday] Steve Austin vs Sid
  • 6 months later...

Not the best looking match and a surprisingly un-Austin-like response to Bret jumping him mid-match. I wonder when they pulled the trigger on going with Bret and Austin at Wrestlemania. Seemed pretty clear the initial plan was Bret/Michaels, but obviously Shawn and his smile threw a spanner in those works.