Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-03-17-WWF-Raw] Mini Goldust & Mascarita Sagrada vs Mini Mankind & Mini Vader

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

We get a clip of Christine Todd Whitman repealing a tax bill that allows the WWF to run shows in the state again. Ah, the smell of corporatism and bought off politicians. Mascarita Sagrada gets over huge with this New York crowd, and I do think he could have had a good run if his being over didn't go against everything about wrestling that the company believes to be true. Fun match.

• 3 weeks later...

Whitman said her son loved the WWF action figures though. . .

I was surprised to see Taker doing the PR stuff from that since he is usually so guarded.

The minis match didn't have much to it but was fine filler and Sagradas dive off the stage was awesome looking and received a great reaction.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, those poor corporations. Summerslam will be in New Jersey after pesky tax bill has been repealed. I enjoy the minis dressing up as WWF characters. Ross plugs on his hotline that a major WWF superstar was forced to go under a strip search at airport. Match was too short but you expect that for WWF TV. Was good for what we got. Sagrada does a great looking dive off the stage. This would be getting showed repeatedly on WWF history video packages if it was done by a WWF wrestler.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It's the Death of a Tax Bill, so naturally the Undertaker is there. Somewhere IRS weeps. Hey, THIS would have been a better set-up for that weirdo 1995 feud than what we got. As for the match, we've got Mascarita Sagrada on one side and both Espectritos on the other, so I'm sold no matter the environment. Sagrada is actually referred to as "Jr.," which is a rarity for the WWF. Sagrada gets over almost instantly, and Mini Goldust is pretty impressive as well. The big dive off the ramp is of course the reason why we're here.

• 1 year later...

The Undertaker doing PR work & public appearances for the WWF is hilarious. Fun match. The WWF minis were on point in appearance. Mascarita Sagrada is over! He ignites the crowd in this & does an insane cross body off the stage onto Mini Vader.

• 5 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1997-03-17-WWF-Raw] Mini Goldust & Mascarita Sagrada vs Mini Mankind & Mini Vader