Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-04-06-WCW-Spring Stampede] Interview: Harlem Heat

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Either Mean Gene handled it really well because he's a cool pro, or just wasn't paying attention at all and just doesn't give a shit. Hard to say which. But I always liked how he doesn't really react or freak out or anything and just goes on with it.

Booker has this "fuck imma gonna get fired" look on his face.

• 3 weeks later...

How does this not get the stars treatment like other segments on previous yearbooks? :) Booker’s reaction after his comments is awesome with him turning his back to the camera knowing he just said a stupid thing. But Sherri holding back laughter as she comforts him is such a nice touch. She really is a total pro. Booker’s comments must have gave Hogan some street cred.

• 9 months later...

Either Mean Gene handled it really well because he's a cool pro, or just wasn't paying attention at all and just doesn't give a shit. Hard to say which. But I always liked how he doesn't really react or freak out or anything and just goes on with it. Booker has this "fuck imma gonna get fired" look on his face.

I think Gene didn't even hear it. Sherri sure did though. Anyway, on live PPV no less. Just glorious. I can only imagine people dying backstage. :)

• 1 year later...

At least it wasn't the other way around!

Most prescient comment in the history of PWO, right here.

This was such a ridiculously goofy premise, the idea of Harlem Heat wrestling in a four-way singles match for a World title shot. Of course the reason for this segment's inclusion becomes self-evident. I agree Okerlund wasn't even paying attention, but Sherri and Booker's reactions are hilarious. Sherri trying to comfort Book while staying in character was kind of sweet in a way.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-04-06-WCW-Spring Stampede] Interview: Harlem Heat