Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-04-13-ECW-Barely Legal] The Eliminators vs Dudley Boys

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

It's a goofy match but as far as "goofy matches that are nothing but random big spots" I've seen a hell of a lot worse. It's also worth being on the set in my opinion because "goofy matches that are nothing but random big spots" was still a growing thing at this point.

Not a particularly good match of course, but I will play a very slight Devil's advocate for this. Very, very slight.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the amount included was worth it. It showed that a match is not just about doing cool shit. The elimantors hit everything almost perfectly here but it looks awful in retrospect with no transitions. Styles on commentary was grating. Sad to see the Dudley's get jobbed like this after their promo work.

• 7 months later...

So my brain is fried from work and puroresu does not do well with a fried brain. Then I remembered the best wrestling for a fatigued person. E-C-DUB! Never see Barely Legal and courtesy of the Network, here we go! This was a TOTAL SQUASH~! Outside of a couple moves at the very good, it was all Eliminators. I enjoyed how much Eliminators tried to do moves in stereo and together, but it was total overkill. There were literally no transitions. It was a gymnastics exhibition. If they had better teachers, could have been a great team. Joey Styles is as brutal as this match. Name the move by substituting Saturn in move name -> pause -> name the move. I can't believe it, but there is actually such a thing as a spot monkey announcer and it is Joey Styles.

• 1 year later...

Between the new ring, new lighting, and perfect digital format, this hardly looks like the ECW Arena at all. I dunno--when the spots hit, like they do here, I find it hard to complain too much. The finish actually took me by surprise because this was a total Eliminators beatdown, with no Dudleys comeback and no artificial "hot" finish. I find that kind of refreshing.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-04-13-ECW-Barely Legal] The Eliminators vs Dudley Boys